MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 2.1.6 to MyBB 1.1.5 Converter released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
More importantly will this work for 1.3x IPB since that was the last FREE version of IPB. There are lots of sites out there that never upgraded to paid version and are now being hacked. I am sure Mybb could attract them in great numbers if a converter existed.
labrocca Wrote:I am sure Mybb could attract them in great numbers if a converter existed.

http://tiki.rct3x.net/2006/11/13/mybb-i-...ou-import/ Wink
Oh great...is that a work-in-progress? Any beta yet? You posted the link but there isn't much information there about it. Will it be part of the regular mybb download? Will it be a seperate download? A big question is can I import MULTIPLE forums into this the same way that VB allows that. I have successfully imported 5 forums into one VB site with very little hassle.
labrocca Wrote:More importantly will this work for 1.3x IPB since that was the last FREE version of IPB.

hi !

I understand fine ? I can use this converted for IPB 1.3.x to MyBB 1.2.1 ?
labrocca Wrote:Oh great...is that a work-in-progress? Any beta yet? You posted the link but there isn't much information there about it. Will it be part of the regular mybb download? Will it be a seperate download? A big question is can I import MULTIPLE forums into this the same way that VB allows that. I have successfully imported 5 forums into one VB site with very little hassle.

Yes, it's a work in progress. At this point it's not MyBB 1.2 compatible, but I think it shouldn't be to hard to make it 1.2 compatible. A beta won't be out for a while (want to finish all the converters). Yes you can merge multiple forums into MyBB. It really is like vB's Ipex import system though (or so I've heard). It will be a separate download so we can update it without having to update the whole MyBB Package. Once it's out, you can upload the /convert/ folder to your main MyBB folder then navigate to it in your browser, and from there you can run the import system.

jaja Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:More importantly will this work for 1.3x IPB since that was the last FREE version of IPB.

hi !

I understand fine ? I can use this converted for IPB 1.3.x to MyBB 1.2.1 ?

Once it's out, yep.
Any conversion tools for IPB 2.1.7 ?
leatherface, just use the converter, than upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2 Smile

there's no need to write a new converter Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4