MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB still not a good one say me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
as long as you guys still don't have converter....

No reason for webmasters wanna change to MyBB

old db is the most important if you dont have so they dont use ur software

BACK OFF!
We are currently unable to work on converters due to the time it would take away from the development of 1.2. Be assured however that we would like to look into creating some converters when we possibly have enough time. In the meantime however, there are a limited number of third party converters available or in development, a list of which can be viewed in the thread below...

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=8681

Which forum system were you hoping to convert from?
hostmark Wrote:BACK OFF!
I'm sad that you would attack MyBB in such a way when you hardly know anything about it. If you had looked, MyBB does have converters in progress, and currently has a phpBB one complete, and an IPM one complete.

It is easy for webmasters to convert, because all they have to do is convert to phpbb (which all forums have convertors for), and then convert from phpbb to MyBB.

MyBB has many satisfied users, myself included, and I converted my forum over from phpbb in a matter of minutes.
I switched to myBB and I can say its the best software I've come across. As Dr. Poodle said, its a rather sad case that you attack myBB when you don't know much about it. I must also say, you have nothing to back up what you said by. Also, little tip, if you're going to be insulting someone or something, at least try to not make yourself look stupid and have something to back up what you're saying and for Christ's sake lose the AIM abbreviations. I guess because you don't know how to properly argue, you can't seem to spell simple words of the English language. Your Vs. Ur (Only 2 more letters? Think you can manage that?)

By the way, also as Dr. Poodle stated there are many happy users of myBB and converters are available. Converting to phpBB and then myBB which all forum software can have done may be a pain in the lime, but it can be done.
Also, I would have said that the actual power and security that MyBB has is a very good reason for webmasters to change! I have been on a load of boards, IPB, phpBB, VB, etc. In my opinion, none of them even come close to comparing with MyBB.
Also, here at myBB, the community of its users is amazing here! I have never gotten help so fast anywhere! Everyone here is pretty cool. Smethead is a fricken plugin genius, Ryan Ashbrook makes some awesome modifications, DennisTT helps solve user's problems pretty quick, Dale Hay was amazingly helpful when I did a minor screwup with installing a mod just to name a few. Giving myBB a chance was one of my best decisions as webmaster to my site still in development.
Yes, I must agree with you all. The support here is impressive for a free software (Heck, it's impressive for a paid software!!!!!). It is amazing that anyone would have the nerve to insult something that they didn't even have to pay for. Noone asked them to try mybb. I had not tried any other forum software before mybb, and I don't plan on trying any other now. I'm happy where I am! Big Grin
As stated many times before, MyBB will have official converters when they have time.

Currently, they are working as hard as possible to get MyBB 1.2 ready as soon as possible.

However, I respect your desicion, even though I disagree with it, and I hope you a lot with your endeavors. Smile

tristan/SMM Wrote:Ryan Ashbrook makes some awesome modifications

Thanks, and I agree that all of the other Staff Members do wonderful jobs at what they do. They are far more intelligent then I at the coding level and at the support level and soon I hope to be on par with them. Smile

I'm very appreciative to be working alongside some of the greatest people I have ever met, I'm very proud to be here on this staff to make MyBB better for all of you.
tristan/SMM Wrote:I switched to myBB and I can say its the best software I've come across. As Dr. Poodle said, its a rather sad case that you attack myBB when you don't know much about it. I must also say, you have nothing to back up what you said by. Also, little tip, if you're going to be insulting someone or something, at least try to not make yourself look stupid and have something to back up what you're saying and for Christ's sake lose the AIM abbreviations. I guess because you don't know how to properly argue, you can't seem to spell simple words of the English language. Your Vs. Ur (Only 2 more letters? Think you can manage that?)

And if you're going to be criticizing someone on the use of the English language, I'd assume that you know the difference between the usage of "its" and "it's"? Smile

Anyway shall we get back on topic (if there was one to begin with)? Converters are not the only way by which users will create their MyBB forums. There are also a handful of people that install MyBB from scratch and have not had a forum before.
DennisTT Wrote:
tristan/SMM Wrote:I switched to myBB and I can say its the best software I've come across. As Dr. Poodle said, its a rather sad case that you attack myBB when you don't know much about it. I must also say, you have nothing to back up what you said by. Also, little tip, if you're going to be insulting someone or something, at least try to not make yourself look stupid and have something to back up what you're saying and for Christ's sake lose the AIM abbreviations. I guess because you don't know how to properly argue, you can't seem to spell simple words of the English language. Your Vs. Ur (Only 2 more letters? Think you can manage that?)

And if you're going to be criticizing someone on the use of the English language, I'd assume that you know the difference between the usage of "its" and "it's"? Smile

Oops! That was a typo on my part. Nice catch there Dennis.
Pages: 1 2