MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Overused themes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sick of hearing people complain about MyBB themes getting over-used. Who gives a flying turd. The majority of a forum's community don't come from MyBB specifically and don't care what the forum software is, so to be honest, not point telling someone that theme is over-used. Themes are created to be used, not to be released and sit there for no actual use.

/rant
/continues

Most of the members on the forums will never have seen then theme before anyway.

/rant
Sure people complain, but usually its just a little nudge to let the website owner that a lot of other forums are using the same theme and if he wants to stick out from everyone else he should consider either using a different theme or ordering a custom one.
(2011-09-10, 07:27 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Sure people complain, but usually its just a little nudge to let the website owner that a lot of other forums are using the same theme and if he wants to stick out from everyone else he should consider either using a different theme or ordering a custom one.

^This. And what if the community is a webmaster/admin/promotion one? In that case most of your members will know the theme is overused.

But in some forums where "techies" won't be members, any theme would be good as you said.
Popular = widely accepted.
+1 change is good, but over used indicate people love it more than any other, I personally don't find it offensive to use even though being used widely, themes are there and meant to be used.
Well people want there forum to look good, for that they can try any theme, I am not sure but not all techies will complain about an overused theme if it suits well for the site.
I think unless there forum has 20k posts, and is using afresh, or whatever, then maybe you can suggest getting something unique. But if its starting, thats the freaking point of those themes.
If you think overusing themes doesn't matter then pigs can fly. A lot of users sign up PURELY on the theme.
(2011-09-12, 10:56 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]If you think overusing themes doesn't matter then pigs can fly. A lot of users sign up PURELY on the theme.

Maybe if you have a graphics site? When I goto a forum I'm looking to see if the theme is decent (meaning it's not using freaking retro colors like blue and neon green together) and if they have content. I couldn't care less if the theme was "overused" if they have content.
Pages: 1 2 3 4