MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rate my second theme ever made?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Then do you or can you tell me how to make it look more fancy like these others do because I really want to get into the theme making business if you can help it would mean a lot!
Well, you'll need a graphic generating or photo editing program such as gimp or photoshop to create images for your theme, and you'll need to learn more about CSS/HTML before you can really 'play' with the templates.
Ok so what if I am not very good with making image and such I have tried that before
I think you need to take more time with your themes, My first theme Black Infinity took me about 3-4 weeks.

At the time that was a pretty good theme with 600 downloads.
Do you mind helping me make themes please it helps pass the time
(2011-09-11, 09:21 PM)antman07 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so what if I am not very good with making image and such I have tried that before

Don't give up, follow general tutorial for photoshop or GIMP and learn the programs.
(2011-09-11, 11:08 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-11, 09:21 PM)antman07 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so what if I am not very good with making image and such I have tried that before

Don't give up, follow general tutorial for photoshop or GIMP and learn the programs.

Agreed, a few months ago I was terrible at 3D animation and rendering, now I'm making images and sigs for the moderators and admins of the forum owned by one of the biggest minecraft related channels on YouTube.

My advice is to start from the beginning. There are a few good books on web design out there (design NOT coding Wink) I saw them in waterfronts here in the Uk. Then follow tutorials on YouTube and experiment. Get GIMP or photoshop if you can afford it. Then watch some tutorials and watch "speedart", i find it one of the best ways to learn new stuff as you see the end product and how to get there.
Yeah, you won't get anywhere if you don't take the time to learn.

http://w3schools.com

You can play with themes as much as you'd like, just reference sites like W3Schools and search the hell out of Google, you'll always end up finding what you need. That's how I learned to be honest, was just constantly messing around with different CSS elements, seeing what looked good, what didn't look good... Then I started getting better with Photoshop. It just takes time to learn, time and dedication!
(2011-09-12, 12:13 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]http://w3schools.com

You can play with themes as much as you'd like, just reference sites like W3Schools
Do NOT under any circumstances use W3Schools. The quality of the content is horrid.
(2011-09-12, 12:25 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-12, 12:13 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]http://w3schools.com

You can play with themes as much as you'd like, just reference sites like W3Schools
Do NOT under any circumstances use W3Schools. The quality of the content is horrid.

THIS

Google is your friend, Block W3S and it gets even better Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5