MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 to mybb merge questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've got a phpbb3 forum I'm looking to merge my users and users info to mybb and posts I'm wondering where to put the download merge file in my ftp file zilla at the moment its got public_html with the phpbb files in. I'm new to this. I just dont want to stuff anything up. Also if I merge will I still have the same link? It wont change the link to my forum? Mybb was the forum software I wanted first. PHBb3 are good but I realise mybb are better lol bit easier for me to handle I think. Smile
Make a directory called mybb and upload all mybb files here and complete the merge, then use yoursite.com/mybb get every thing set up.
then you can either delete the phpbb files or move then to a new directory and move the mybb files to the root,once everthing is setup and working the way you want, and then access via yoursite.com
I think I understand is there any way to get a screen shot of this of what your telling me? I see things better. But if not that was a awesome explanation. Thanks. Smile
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
thankyou!
You're welcome. Smile
Do I need to save database from pbpbb or is that what the info for the database configuration does imports my users and posts over? Is this easy to do because I hope I can do it just dont want to stuff anything up.
The merge system will use the database info you enter to connect and import the data from the phpBB database to your MyBB installation. You don't need to save a copy of the database, but it's always best to keep a backup in case something goes wrong. Smile It's very easy to do, and shouldn't take too long.
Thankyou, very much for your help.How do I make a directory in my ftp client? to add the download merge files and mybb files? Just wondered. Very new to this! Smile
I believe you are using file zilla from what I read in your first post simply login to the public_html and right click on that side of screen and click create directory, I would name it mybb so you know exactly what it is.
Pages: 1 2 3