MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Constant censoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This forum has been censoring so much of the discussion, if anything seems the least bit offensive to one user, it's closed. You can simply go on a thread and say it's offensive, or even disagree and it'll get locked. I don't see any point in discussing on this forum since any reasonable argument can get the thread locked. Mods, seriously, let us have some discussion on this forum please.
(2011-09-17, 02:35 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]This forum has been censoring so much of the discussion, if anything seems the least bit offensive to one user, it's closed.

IMO that is very good thing that needs to occur immediately before things going out of control. If that offensive thread doesn't get close, you know how many people will cross the limit of rules for that particular forum ?
(2011-09-17, 02:35 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]This forum has been censoring so much of the discussion, if anything seems the least bit offensive to one user, it's closed. You can simply go on a thread and say it's offensive, or even disagree and it'll get locked. I don't see any point in discussing on this forum since any reasonable argument can get the thread locked. Mods, seriously, let us have some discussion on this forum please.

links to specific examples and your reasons for feeling each one was closed in error? otherwise you are not offering a solution, just complaining.
We're going to need some examples; I haven't seen anything being "censored", really.

EDIT: You mean this thread?
(2011-09-17, 05:54 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]We're going to need some examples; I haven't seen anything being "censored", really.

EDIT: You mean this thread?

I read that thread, and there is nothing offensive about it, a joke is a joke and closing it because "it may be offensive to some users" is not a reason imo.

Now if I want to open a thread and discuss why users choose their religions (do you choose it, right?) many users will request the thread to be close, just because they don't accept another people comments.
(2011-09-17, 06:41 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that thread, and there is nothing offensive about it, a joke is a joke and closing it because "it may be offensive to some users" is not a reason imo.

Now if I want to open a thread and discuss why users choose their religions (do you choose it, right?) many users will request the thread to be close, just because they don't accept another people comments.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on that. There was nothing discriminatory about the joke.
The main reason that joke thread was closed is because it didn't have any room for discussion.

We don't censor threads. It's just that a good amount of them are pretty useless. Seriously, what kind of things were you hoping to discuss about a joke? Furthermore, being a religious type of joke it instantly started an argument, which was another problem. You're absolutely free to discuss religion here, but it will most likely start de-railing - thus needing to be closed.
(2011-09-17, 07:46 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason that joke thread was closed is because it didn't have any room for discussion.

We don't censor threads. It's just that a good amount of them are pretty useless. Seriously, what kind of things were you hoping to discuss about a joke? Furthermore, being a religious type of joke it instantly started an argument, which was another problem. You're absolutely free to discuss religion here, but it will most likely start de-railing - thus needing to be closed.
It should have been made clear that the thread was closed because it violated the rule concerning meaningful topics and discussion points then, not because it subjectively offended a user.
Quote:Thread closed, as there isn't really a point to this thread, and may be offensive to some users.

Looks pretty clear to me...
(2011-09-17, 07:56 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Thread closed, as there isn't really a point to this thread, and may be offensive to some users.
Looks pretty clear to me...

That, along with the comment concerning its offensiveness, seems to point towards censorship rather than enforcement of rules, hence this thread.

Regardless, in the end there was no censorship taking place, merely the illusion of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4