MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: anything to require users to verify account details?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
are there any plugins out there that allow the admin to set a time period in which a visitor must go and confirm account details (i.e. email address)?

similar to the portal redirect, but redirect non-guests to admin defined pages after an admin defined time?

i wont be hard to make, but i dont want to reinvent the wheel
What do you mean? After registration they are redirected back to their control panel until they update it?
i want to force visitors to the control panel every six months to make sure they verify their email address and other info is current (force a save of profile and tracks a last edit of the profile). registartion is one thing, but i get thousands of bounced mail due to old addresses.
Do you want it to be a consistent six months for the entire forum or individually? I'm thinking you could add another column to the users table and only check it when they log in.

This could actually be quite useful. I'll see if I can throw something together today; I'm a bit busy with other projects (putting the finishing touches on my plugin generator and such).
The way Steven suggested would work well. My Force Password Change plugin does something similar, the admin sets a trigger and when they login they're redirected to the change password page and not allowed to leave until it's changed.

Here, you could setup a timestamp in the db and check it on login, could even let the Admin configure how often users should check their details.
i know how to do it, i was just wondering if it had been done already. i just dont have the time to recreate something that may already exist.

the way your force password plugin works is what i want for the account details checker, but as long as they save the options it does not matter if the email has changed. i just want them to verify it
So you want someone to code this? I never got around to it, but if you need me to I can try.
i wont have time for a week or so, so if u want to give it a shot, feel free. i wont pay for it as i could make my own, but free i will at least entertain someone else's version Smile
Sounds good, I'll put something together.
cool, look forward to it
Pages: 1 2