MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.lang.php does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have installed myBB twice now to ensure I hadn't messed up a step, but I've followed everything 100% as far as I can see yet when I'm done and try log into the forum for the first time I get the message "/global.lang.php does not exist"

Well I checked and it's definitely there where it should be.
All the permissions are as required in the install instructions.

No errors during the installation, all went swimmingly well. Just can't get the the URL without that error showing.
Any ideas?
try and reupload the one file.
I'm pretty sure he covered that when he reinstalled it. Toungue

I'm not sure what could be causing this. Your php.ini configuration could have something wonky with the include paths and such, but I thought MyBB took care of that by directly referencing the file's path.
Yeh thanks, tried that of course.
If if try to access the admin URL I get:

"Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack."

As far as the php.ini goes, I have test installs of vBulletin, phpBB and SMF which all work 100% fine. So I would have thought MyBB wouldn't have any dramas there.

Rechecked all permissions, no problem - al as stated in the documentation:

Quote:CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)
This seems like a tough question, but in order to help you we need more information.

Could you post a phpinfo() log, along with some server specifications (SQL version, PHP version, etc)? Have you tried setting everything to 0777? Are you running Apache? Are there any loose .htaccess files around there?
PHP Version 5.2.9
MySQL 5.0.92-community
Apache/2.0.64 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.64 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.8.8
---------

No loose .htaccess files Smile

Haven't set 777 perms. Shouldn't have to resort to that, so I'll leave that be for the moment.

Thanks for your attention.
OK - I set all to 777 and it works.
But this is wrong and should not be necessary.

Any ideas?
It might be a host issue.
Nothing is wrong with 0777 anyways.
(2011-09-21, 02:26 AM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]It might be a host issue.

Possibly, but they don't know what it could be.

I also have test versions of SMF, phpBB3 and vBulletin4 as well as Gallery3 and Coppermine all installed and running without any issues or needing to 777 all files.
This is the first time I've run across a permissions problem when installing anything at this host.

(The reason I run test versions is to try the software on my personal domain before using them on a clients domain - it's my testing ground)
Pages: 1 2