MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mods.net - We're back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-10-02, 12:50 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-01, 09:48 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]"MyBB Mods.net - We're back! "

Your back with less content than you had the time you closed? I think when you make a comeback you should at least have improvements, more content than before. Im struggling to find the "up side" of your comeback ?

we have the domain and are working on getting a community going, as well as two subscriber plugins and many more on the way.

We do have improvements, new plugins, and a new market system in the works.

Fair enough. But why not make the improvements, create the new plugins and add new content, then re-launch the site. I just think its a "no go" re-launching something that didnt work in the first place, with something thats exactly the same. In my opinion if your going to re-launch a forum you should atleast have some dramatic changes, loads more content etc.... You may have big intentions but putting them into practice and trying to convince users to join is not going to be easy.

I can vouch for them making a plugin for me very promptly and in a professional manner. I see nothing wrong with getting the word out. From what I recall they've made a couple of plugins that look decent. Give them a chance and be positive about it. Having their own site helps them keep things more centralised and lets them more easily get feedback. I've seen some pretty decent plugins on here get lost in the cacophony of posts. Not to say this forum is bad in any way for plugin feedback. It's brilliant, but I think there's nothing wrong with signing up to their site and just trying out their free plugins.

It seems a lot of people are keen to jump down the throats of those who are starting out and are new to the plugin or theme scene.

tl;dr: Don't be so negative. Let's see how this turns out, and I'm pretty confident they can make it work.
hey mantis, would you mind posting a testimonial at: http://mybbmods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22?
Bump #1
Pages: 1 2 3