MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to see other member pms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so is there any way to do that? I'd like to see what messages some members have in their inbox. Do i need a plugin for this?
Ty.
(2011-09-28, 04:06 PM)mladen190 Wrote: [ -> ]so is there any way to do that? I'd like to see what messages some members have in their inbox. Do i need a plugin for this?
Ty.

this is not a good idea if your users know what you are doing this would end your forum ... NO TRUST in the ADMIN
forget it
You will need a plugin unless someone knows better.

I agree with what Jim says above unless security of your forum was at risk trust in members is a must and after all they are Private messages.

(2011-09-28, 04:21 PM)Spirit Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/private-messag...ned-for-14

so the bastion of privacy is lost would you like some reading private messages? I am amazed that MyBB group allow plugins of this type to work. perhaps I will pass this on to the data protection agency in my country (the UK) to ensure that UK sites using mybb software do not suffer from breaches of the data protection act please read DPA 1998
(2011-09-28, 04:37 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-28, 04:21 PM)Spirit Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/private-messag...ned-for-14

so the bastion of privacy is lost would you like some reading private messages? I am amazed that MyBB group allow plugins of this type to work. perhaps I will pass this on to the data protection agency in my country (the UK) to ensure that UK sites using mybb software do not suffer from breaches of the data protection act please read DPA 1998

Not my plugin, take it up with the owner.
(2011-09-28, 04:42 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]^sometimes we need.what if your compatator forumj will promote your members to his forum?

There's a report PM option available.
(2011-09-28, 04:42 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]^sometimes we need.what if your compatator forumj will promote your members to his forum?
In the UK that is against the law to read someone elses private mail .. in fact it closed the 'News of the World' newspaper for breaches of the DPA. So what you are saying is "break the law it doesn't matter" I'm sorry the ability to read personal breaks UK law .. perhaps it may be fine in your country
@JimR, please make a new topic in MyBB 1.6 Suggestions and Feedback OR in General Discussion
Our forum is a UK forum as well Jim but every site is ran by their own admins with their own rules and who at the end of the day has total control of the site, to see and do what they want to. So if they wants plugin like this then it's up to them and if their members do not like it they just got to leave the forum.

We have no problems on our site to use such a plugin as our forum is run well and moderated well plus we have a good terms of service with excellent members but if there was a security issue then maybe i would even look at using a similar plugin for the safety of the site, to stop a member from having a un necessary ban for something he has not done but more so if a hacking attempt looked like happening. But after joint running a forum for almost 4 years we have not needed to look at or use any such plugin or intend to.

But at end of day its your site to do as you want to and run it as you want to. Nearly all forum software have similar plugins or even built into the software already plus in our case we are hosted and our domain is registered outside of the UK.

Even though i do not want to use such a plugin i do not condemn those that do.
Pages: 1 2