MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Downtime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:I mean in future. though its non-profit, but website worth can be calculated.
Calculating doesn't mean anything unless you sell it, which is not gonna happen I believe. A huge company has no income unless production is done. likewise, here.
Use cloudflare, helps.
Cloudflare is not a service that helps mitigate DDoS attacks.
(2011-09-29, 02:45 PM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Use cloudflare, helps.

(2011-09-29, 06:07 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is not a service that helps mitigate DDoS attacks.

Actually it is. They do it constantly.

But I don't think it's suitable for mybb.com.

Who DDOS's a forum system? Like how butthurt and immature do you have to be to be angry at a FOSS FORUM system.

Really. Maybe it's time to change to IPV6? The kid's booter might not support it :p.
Quote:However, it must be clarified, CloudFlare does not pitch themselves as a DDoS Attack mitigation provider. They will mitigate by virtue of their setup, DDoS attacks, but it a large DDoS attack comes through, you’re in trouble. CloudFlare at one point int time (for large attacks), will not block DoS traffic.
- http://dos-attacks.com/2011/05/19/cloudf...itigation/

Quote:
(2011-07-18, 07:10 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]He thinks he's so cool whipping out DDoSeR 3.6 and saying "Gimme mah theme" like he's from some western movie or something...

Gosh. 200 bots isn't that much. And CloudFlare should stop that at least.

Given the nature of our network configuration, we can most certainly help with small attacks. Huge attacks, however, are a different story and we have to go direct when the attack is too large (could start impacting other customers).

If you know the IP addresses they are coming from, or if the attack is coming from a specific region, you could always take a look at blocking/challenging the IPs in your CloudFlare Threat Control Panel. Blocking the IPs will stop them before it even hits your server...
- http://community.mybb.com/thread-99000-p...#pid724699

(2011-09-29, 06:09 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-29, 06:07 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is not a service that helps mitigate DDoS attacks.

Actually it is. They do it constantly.

But I don't think it's suitable for mybb.com.

It's a side effect of their serving technology. Their service is built upon the premise of blocking bad traffic. If that's not a type of ddos mitigation then what is?

And yes MyBB should seriously consider adding CF. The benefits outweigh the negatives which to be frank...there aren't any.
(2011-09-29, 11:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And yes MyBB should seriously consider adding CF. The benefits outweigh the negatives which to be frank...there aren't any.

From what I can see, the attacks are dealt with as soon as they arise. I haven't noticed and downtime so what ever methods that are currently in place seem to be working.

(2011-09-29, 11:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

It's a side effect of their serving technology. Their service is built upon the premise of blocking bad traffic. If that's not a type of ddos mitigation then what is?

And yes MyBB should seriously consider adding CF. The benefits outweigh the negatives which to be frank...there aren't any.

Cloudflare helps, does not block them all, but must yes, go read more about Cloudflare please. MyBB.com should use a Pro account, or free if they are at low cash, its a great improvement.

With Cloudflare you can activate IPv6Wink
I'll pay for their pro account if they want. Be happy to do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4