MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Letter Domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-10-14, 01:57 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware (and yes you're correct), I guess renters would have been the better choice of words but it just doesn't... flow?
(2011-10-13, 06:48 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-13, 05:16 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It's very unlikely you'll have the luck of finding an unregistered two letter domain. Most of them are acquired from the domain owners.
True, so best part is to try luck in buying from someone, but it could be messy and risky, 3 lettered are also good ones.

You still don't own the domain. IIRC it's similiar to windows. You don't own it, you rent it from whoever. (In this case ICANN)

Don't quote me on this, this is from memory and hersey Toungue I didn't research it. (Except for the MS part, i know that.)

Leasee or however it's pronounced imo would be the best.
And they call it buy domains, IMO.
Contract law might still apply, depending on where you and the company you're paying are located. If they give you a two year lease (or "rental contract"), they're bound by that price for that length of time in most countries. If they didn't allow for the fact that their cost might go up, most courts will take a "that's your problem" attitude towards them. You sign a contract, you live or die with it. So as far as the "2 year contract, price went up in 9 months" situation, I would have had my attorneys contact them, explaining contract law to them. If you don't have a legal department, an attorney wouldn't charge much to draw up a letter like that. (And could probably press them to pay his fee.)

IANAL, but that's the view of some of my people who are.
(2011-10-15, 01:52 PM)Rukbat Wrote: [ -> ]Contract law might still apply, depending on where you and the company you're paying are located. If they give you a two year lease (or "rental contract"), they're bound by that price for that length of time in most countries. If they didn't allow for the fact that their cost might go up, most courts will take a "that's your problem" attitude towards them. You sign a contract, you live or die with it. So as far as the "2 year contract, price went up in 9 months" situation, I would have had my attorneys contact them, explaining contract law to them. If you don't have a legal department, an attorney wouldn't charge much to draw up a letter like that. (And could probably press them to pay his fee.)

IANAL, but that's the view of some of my people who are.

A counter contract might break the contract registars have with ICANN, as ICANN can change rules at anytime, so registars could aswell. And those rules could violate your contract.
I didn't know two letters domain is availble Big Grin i thougt it's 4 letter.
But it's cool to know this. Hmm i think some image host it's pretty cool Smile
Pages: 1 2 3