MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6.x has no Friendly URL by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just enabled the Mod_rewrite through the options menu & .htaccess, but MyBB 1.6 has no friendly url by default?

EG: /forum-8.html

and /thread-6.html

I rather wish to see /forumsectionname and /threadname

Rather than the forum ID and the thread ID.

Kind regards,
Skyrider

Use Google SEO.
(2011-10-12, 10:22 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Use Google SEO.

this is exactly it, hopefully some thing like this will be implemented in 2.0
(2011-10-12, 10:22 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Use Google SEO.
I actually already tried that. But the htaccess example provided does the exact same thing as as the default htaccess.txt that mybb provided. Nothing really changes. I've also used the SEO that is for myBB 1.4, doesn't seem to work at all either.
You've to make the required changes to htaccess and rewrite rules, then you go to google seo settings and ENABLE them, by default they're off, my all sites works fine, let me know if you've any trouble.
(2011-10-12, 11:37 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You've to make the required changes to htaccess and rewrite rules, then you go to google seo settings and ENABLE them, by default they're off, my all sites works fine, let me know if you've any trouble.
Got any good examples that I can use?
You have to fully understand google seo documentation, after that..
It's very easy to setup.
(2011-10-12, 12:28 PM)FF|Skyrider Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-12, 11:37 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You've to make the required changes to htaccess and rewrite rules, then you go to google seo settings and ENABLE them, by default they're off, my all sites works fine, let me know if you've any trouble.
Got any good examples that I can use?
What you mean? You want to see live example sites having Google SEO functioning on them?

This community forums is an example for use of internal SEO friendly URLs

AND most of myBB forums use Google SEO plugin ... (example myBB forums)
(2011-10-12, 01:43 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]This community forums is an example for use of internal SEO friendly URLs

AND most of myBB forums use Google SEO plugin ... (example myBB forums)
You wouldn't mind sharing your .htaccess, would you? Just makes my things a lot easier. I still have a lot of things to do in real life as well, hence the lack of time I have to check out the google to create my own htaccess.

Pages: 1 2 3 4