MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Twitter and Twitch Widgets On Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heya. I was trying to do this with the sidebar addon, but there was some issues.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is to add the Twitter widget (that shows live Tweets) and Twitch.tv's chat widget onto my forums, on opposite sides of the index column.

You can see the forums here: http://www.massivemoleculemedia.com/forum

I want them to be in that empty space on the sides of the forums, which was the issue with the sidebar plugin. The plugin was putting the sidebar in the center index column, forcing the width of the forums down and ruining the format.

I'm not sure how to get the widgets outside of that center column container.
This pic kind of shows what I'm trying to do:

[Image: after.png]

The red box (as I said in the picture) is where I want to put the twitter widget. The Twitch chat widget would be on the other side or below the Twitter one.

You can see the issue I was having with the sidebar forcing itself into that center container and forcing the width of the forums down.

NOTE I am NOT trying to use the sidebar plugin. The image above was just one I used to show an example of what I'm trying to do.
I'd like to know how to do this too. My forums also have an empty space on the side. Its annoying not knowing how to put any content there.
Anyone?
Is there really no one who can help with this? I assume its just a matter of editing the theme a bit, which I'm perfectly fine doing. I just don't know where or what I'd need to do.
Contact the plugin author.
(2011-10-17, 05:15 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Contact the plugin author.

As I said in the OP, I'm not trying to use the sidebar plugin. I want to add the widgets manually, but I'm not sure where I'd add it to have it show up in the empty spaces on the sides of my forums.
There has to be someone who can help with this.....
Get the twitter HTML code.

Add this to your header template or index template, depending upon if you want it to show up everywhere or just on the index:
<div id="twitter_box" style="position:fixed;top:25%;right:5px;">TWITTER HTML CODE</div>
(2011-10-19, 06:22 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Get the twitter HTML code.

Add this to your header template or index template, depending upon if you want it to show up everywhere or just on the index:
<div id="twitter_box" style="position:fixed;top:25%;right:5px;">TWITTER HTML CODE</div>

Thanks, but that just put it at the top.

Put it ouside of any divs that may be there. I.E., if you're putting it at the top of your header template, put it at the VERY top.

Also, use this modified code:

<div style="position:fixed;top:25%;right:5px;z-index:1000;">TWITTER HTML CODE</div> 
Pages: 1 2 3