MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logging in with email address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-12-20, 06:33 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]That'd be very cool Dylan. Would there be an option to set logging with email as yes or no?

Options will be:
Username Only
Email Only
Both Username and Email
Alright, great.
I for sure love to see this in the version 2.0 and have also requested it. I am configuring now and thank you for this in the meantime
(2011-12-27, 11:57 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I for sure love to see this in the version 2.0 and have also requested it. I am configuring now and thank you for this in the meantime

Considering I'm in process of adding it to 1.6.6... I'm pretty sure it'll make it to 2.0 as well. Smile
Can't you do this in the AdminCP already?
Edit: I'm dumb :p
(2013-04-19, 10:34 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you do this in the AdminCP already?

See the post above yours.
Talk about necro-posting for no reason lol
Quick question on this, what if an email address is registered to more than 1 user?. For example I'm registered as the admin. I have a test user account registered with the same email.

What will happen if I try to login with that email?
It will log you in with the first one. This option is meant to be used in conjunction with the one requiring unique email addresses. I suppose that if you turn this on, the other should be turned on automatically. However, we don't currently have that written that way AFAIK.
(2014-04-17, 05:09 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]It will log you in with the first one. This option is meant to be used in conjunction with the one requiring unique email addresses. I suppose that if you turn this on, the other should be turned on automatically. However, we don't currently have that written that way AFAIK.

Thanks for clarifying, this will probably be reported as a bug at some point, as I know most board owners have a test accounts. Also I use my board as a support site for my customers. Many of the companies, register the same email address for different users. (Unfortunately)

Love the concept, but won't work for me as is. Maybe future release could consider checking both email and matching password b4 logging in a user?
Pages: 1 2 3