MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] My Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Nice tutorial
(2011-10-16, 02:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin will block actions, not hide them, to do that I use Yumi's plugin, Template Conditionals.

Is it possible to know how you did that? I'm highly interested Big Grin

I would like to hide one of standard moderation tools (Delet threads) for all members except admins...
Is it possible to also hide 'delet post'?
If I want to restrict users from creating new threads/posts in a specific forum UNLESS they have a certain amount of posts (however they should be able to view the threads). Is there any way to do this with "My Permissions" ?
Quote:Is there any way to do this with "My Permissions" ?

Probably. But use the Promotion System and the core forum permissions instead.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-92069.html
Could this be used to prevent promotion to a specific rank by removing the option from the menu? If so how?
Please offer a link to such feature. If I understand correctly you should be using the promotion system.
(2015-05-21, 03:13 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Please offer a link to such feature. If I understand correctly you should be using the promotion system.

Okay this is a bit complicated but essentially I want to block promotion to certain groups in the admin cp user section. This way I can grant someone permissions to promote without the risk of them promoting to full admin.

Right now the only way to change someone's primary group is to do so in the user menu in admin cp. and it does not stop people from promoting above their rank. In my community we do not use auto (group) promotions based on thread count etc. They are on merit and traditionally this can be done via the profile page on other cms and it stops people from promoting above their rank.
So as long as you reasonably trust them you just grant access to profile editing and you are good. You cant do that in mybb. I am trying to figure out a workaround so one person does not get stuck with the responsibility of all promotions.

So I want to block or remove a specific group option from the primary drop down menu to select groups authorized to access it.

I am hoping this plugin would let me set that restriction. If there is another way to do this I am all ears! Even the invite to group feature does not work as it only adds additional groups not changing the primary or the star system connected to it.
That is not possible using this plugin and yes, the best approach could be to use additional groups to invite users to.
Omar,

Can this be used to stop a user from posting to their thread more than 1X in less than 24 hours?
Not really, no. You will need a plugin for that I believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4