MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How come I banned from forums i never been on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it that my ip gets confused with spammers ip?
Probably because it has stop forum spam installed.

http://stopforumspam.com/
Or your whole country is banned.
(2011-10-16, 08:28 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Or your whole country is banned.
epic lol, that seems a bit drastic, not all person from my country should be counted as spammers.

(2011-10-16, 08:32 PM)akito tenkawa Wrote: [ -> ]
epic lol, that seems a bit drastic, not all person from my country should be counted as spammers.

A lot of people just don't want to even pretend to deal with spam. Maybe their topic is dedicated to an area.

What country are you from?
(2011-10-16, 08:33 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]

What country are you from?

Trinidad
If you have a dynamic IP address, you could now have one that a spammer once had.

If there are a few bad ones in the country, and no one is willing to correct the problem, it can happen. The country of Malaysia was banned from one IRC network years ago because of a few bad people and the government's refusal to do anything about it.
The first thing i do with a webserver is ban russia and india and china.

I remember after tracing an attack on me, it ended at a daycentre in china.
Aristotle, I use the lists at www.wizcrafts.net/ Just copy, paste and sign up for the free change alert. (I never noticed any slowdown from having such a large list. I did notice a lack of entries from any of them in my error log.)
Pages: 1 2