MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Security Forum Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The thing is if it really will be useful or will it only be a semi-trash forum where all threads regarding hacking will be send and be ignored.
(2011-10-17, 05:21 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is if it really will be useful or will it only be a semi-trash forum where all threads regarding hacking will be send and be ignored.

They won't be ignored. If anything, they would be higher priority.

A place for everything, and everything in it's place.
(2011-10-17, 04:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]all these "hacked" threads should not fall under official support unless the site was compromised by the actual MyBB script and not poor hosting, plugins, or other exploit

unfortunately the latest exploit is coming from the actual script.... but a good server setup could prevent its being used....

I still voted Yes, though its apparently already a done deal.

Quote:unfortunately the latest exploit is coming from the actual script.... but a good server setup could prevent its being used....

Yes and in such a case a sticky in that section or forum wide announcement would be nice.
Absolutely we badly need it.
I agree, we see threads like these all the time. It would be nice to have some basic security tutorials stickied Smile or maybe a thread containing links to a load of tutorials Smile
When the forum got restructed a while ago, I was hoping this was coming. Labrocca is quite right, this is a very important forum, as people reading and seeing others issues can also learn.
^ good point aristotle & labrocca ! Though I wonder why it wasn't immediately patched?
Glad this is being added. Smile
Yeh.!! we Need it! .. +1
Pages: 1 2 3 4