MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Security Forum Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
+1

Would prove useful and will definitely help keep blaming on MyBB to a minimum.
For the record I think this is a pretty good idea. I'll discuss it with the team when I'm not so busy.

Edit: It looks like we already decided to add this to coincide with 1.6.5 (I just saw Tom's post on the first page which reminded me Toungue).
I think this would be a very good addition to the forum, why not have somewhere that we can discuss how to protect our forums in greater detail.

Of course it would need to be closed off to guests unlike the rest of the sections. But, yes it's a good idea. I back this 100% and can see it proving very successful.

(2011-11-07, 08:43 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it would need to be closed off to guests unlike the rest of the sections.

Why would they hide ways of making your forum more secure?
(2011-11-07, 08:45 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-07, 08:43 PM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it would need to be closed off to guests unlike the rest of the sections.

Perhaps the thought was to keep such topics about vulnerabilities, what sites were hacked, etc from ending up in search engines and things like that?

I said to close it to guests as in non registered members, meaning if someone was here to find vulnerable exploits, they would not access the new section discussing about how to protect the forums.

Cheers

-Lee
(2011-11-07, 08:46 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps the thought was to keep such topics about vulnerabilities, what sites were hacked, etc from ending up in search engines and things like that?

Exactly.
I don't think we would be allowed to say how vulnerbilities were done easy enough. Leave that to HF.
(2011-10-20, 07:19 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]^ good point aristotle & labrocca ! Though I wonder why it wasn't immediately patched?

Because it wasn't immediately obvious the release was corrupted. There was some time between the release, and the first reports of the code Smile
(2011-11-07, 08:52 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-20, 07:19 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]^ good point aristotle & labrocca ! Though I wonder why it wasn't immediately patched?

Because it wasn't immediately obvious the release was corrupted. There was some time between the release, and the first reports of the code Smile

There was also some time between the release and the compromise.
(2011-10-17, 05:03 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]We agreed in our meeting at the beginning of October that there would be a new forum. It will be available alongside the release of MyBB 1.6.5.

Bump.
Pages: 1 2 3 4