MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Subscriptions for all members - The Short Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-06-26, 07:36 AM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]In Step 2, when i place Display "None}, it stops showing any option for thread subscription. I do not see anything like Instant email notification during registration.

Then you're not putting it in the right spot. Or you're tnering it incorrectly like you did in your post.
[attachment=29621][attachment=29618][attachment=29619][attachment=29620]
(2013-06-26, 01:18 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-26, 07:36 AM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]In Step 2, when i place Display "None}, it stops showing any option for thread subscription. I do not see anything like Instant email notification during registration.

Then you're not putting it in the right spot. Or you're tnering it incorrectly like you did in your post.

See the screenshot and see what i did, in Step 1 and Step 2. and what i got in result.
Even when i did only step 2. Member register appear as is. I only did step 1 and 2.
^ try adding a semicolon after none (before closing quote) in style="display: none"
(2013-06-26, 02:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ try adding a semicolon after none (before closing quote) in style="display: none"
I placed the code as is, which is shown in the this thread to change and you can see it in screenshot.
Nice tutorial, would not be legal in germany on a public forum though...
Dylan M,

If I only use steps 2 and 4, will they get instant emails for all posts initially, but will they then be able to change their global or by thread subscriptions as they choose?

(I'm a newbie on this stuff)
thanks
If you pick steps #2 and #4 then your users will not be forced.
ok, thank you.
(2014-07-06, 07:46 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]If you pick steps #2 and #4 then your users will not be forced.

Hi I didn't understand the meaning of your answer

My aim is to subscribe all users to every topic in the forum but let them the ability to unsubscribe after.

Is that possible? Picking just #2 and #4?
I want to do step 4 but don't understand how to input those variables. Can someone provide a walk through? I think it's under structure, or SQL tab? I found mybbusers.
Pages: 1 2 3