MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Subscriptions for all members - The Short Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2017-04-03, 06:54 AM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]I want to do step 4 but don't understand how to input those variables. Can someone provide a walk through? I think it's under structure, or SQL tab? I found mybbusers.

Its under phpMyAdmin . Go there You will find a DB (A table like structure) . Find that there and input those values there .
Thanks, I was already in phpmyadmin, but saw two different tabs and two different possible places where those values could go.

Anyway, I am not trying to do this now, I used Matts 'automatic subscription' plugin instead, much easier.
Agree. For some certain forums I only wish to receive updates from administrators. I don't want my mail box flooded with messages...
(2017-04-05, 06:06 AM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I was already in phpmyadmin, but saw two different tabs and two different possible places where those values could go.

Anyway, I am not trying to do this now, I used Matts 'automatic subscription' plugin instead, much easier.

Much easier, and also written with a different purpose in mind. Not to mention that this tutorial is now seriously out of date and no longer maintained.

(2017-04-12, 04:20 AM)grayson Wrote: [ -> ]Agree. For some certain forums I only wish to receive updates from administrators. I don't want my mail box flooded with messages...

Then don't use this? I swear that my original post was pretty clear that this was made for a very specific use case and isn't going to be appropriate for most forums or most users. So... looking back, it wasn't in the original post but rather in a reply a few posts down:

(2011-10-23, 11:26 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I had a specific request for this from a closed membership board that requires every member to be subscribed to every thread, otherwise I would never have made it. You definitely have some good points about not wanting it, I would immediately change my email address to a throw away one on such a forum, and cease active membership.

Due to that, and the fact that this tutorial is no longer maintained I would prefer this thread to be locked so it can fall to the bottom and be forgotten. If a staff member would be so kind? Thanks.
--- this topic is closed as wished by the topic starter ---
Pages: 1 2 3