MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I believe that by referring to unlimited bandwidth, they mean "unmetered" bandwidth.

Bandwidth isn't "unlimited," however, they may contact you if your website starts using up a ton of it.

Back on topic with the alerts, there should be an enable/disable for it, an enable/disable for ajax queries, and a time interval for ajax queries.
To bring this back on topic, I'm all for an alert system. Social features are the future of the Internet, it would suck if MyBB fell behind because extra queries are a reason to dismiss a feature.
This should be added. The reason why people choose the paid softwares over myBB is because of the following two reasons;

1) the look and layout sometimes is not as good (For example, I love MyBB but the layout and design of xen is better)
2) The alerts system. This is the main selling point of IPB and xF from what I have seen.

Also I guess you could say for SEO too but that is not really a problem because of Google SEO plugin.

But IMO this feature should be added to the core (even if it is been developed as a plugin)
You should put more effort into your own site's design before complaining about the layout of MyBB ...
(2012-05-24, 07:28 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You should put more effort into your own site's design before complaining about the layout of MyBB ...

I never once slagged off the layout of MyBB. I was simply pointing out reasons I know why other people chose xF or others over myBB. As for my site. The theme is soon to be replaced with one I am going to request from PixelMonkey next month. My site had nothing to do with this nor was I slagging off myBB. I always have and always will be a myBB user.
Pages: 1 2 3 4