MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Decent Blogging Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,
I've been looking around for a decent blogging script for a while, and besides Wordpress, I didn't see much else.

When I installed Wordpress for the first time, I was AMAZED at it's AdminCP and how sleek and easy it was to use. The only thing I hate about Wordpress is it's God-awful theming system Toungue. It basically consists of php tags wrapped up in some <div>.

Are there plugins/code modifications available for Wordpress that improve the theming system, perhaps something like MyBB's theme creator?

Thanks! Smile
Lol, I've started to hate the WP theming system as well. Now I'm just using the K2 theme and modifying it to look how I want it to look hehe.
check out http://www.solucija.com Wink The best one
im also looking for a new blog system, something basic will suit me.
DennisTT Wrote:Lol, I've started to hate the WP theming system as well. Now I'm just using the K2 theme and modifying it to look how I want it to look hehe.
I'll have to look deeper into K2, I've only glanced at it before. I noticed that K2 seems to be in BETA, is it stable enough to use publicly without major modifications?
Comeon, nothing gets better than Wordpress when it's a blogging software. I love theme system of wordpress. What's so confusing in it? Did you bother to read their docs, everything's pretty well documented and also the theme files are pretty self-explainatory.

You can ask for help in wordpress forums for whatever you need to do.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Comeon, nothing gets better than Wordpress when it's a blogging software. I love theme system of wordpress. What's so confusing in it? Did you bother to read their docs, everything's pretty well documented and also the theme files are pretty self-explainatory.

You can ask for help in wordpress forums for whatever you need to do.
I found one doc that may help me out a bit:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags

Are there any other ones you can recommend?
I actually plan on making MyBB a blogging system while at the same time being my forums.

It'll be easy using a forum and a modified copy of the portal.

I've never realized how much you could get out of that portal. Big Grin
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I actually plan on making MyBB a blogging system while at the same time being my forums.

It'll be easy using a forum and a modified copy of the portal.

I've never realized how much you could get out of that portal. Big Grin
Hey, thats an excellent idea!

Do you mind if I consider that as an option for my blog?
krneki Wrote:check out http://www.solucija.com Wink The best one

snews really isn't for blogging, more for news and such.

"Blogging" usually has a lot more bells and whistles (and tags, etc.) in it.
DennisTT Wrote:Lol, I've started to hate the WP theming system as well. Now I'm just using the K2 theme and modifying it to look how I want it to look hehe.

I love theming Wordpress.

I hate theming MyBB.

I actually hate theming anything in the software itself. I'd much rather create it locally using my tools, then upload it.

I guess my mind doesn't fit into those predifined boxes Smile
Pages: 1 2