MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: after moving my form to / forum( Update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't get my smiles to work. They show on the browser when you put in the address but they show on the forum as the replacment text. Everything else is working fine and I even rechecked the images/smiles permissions. What should I do?

My forum address is :
http://thefreeweb.org/forum
you on cpanel on on click redirect

put on forum

1) url edit board

You need to edit the URL for your cookies and images since they doesn't automatically change when you move the files from the installed location to another.
i would recommend that the cookie path stay at "/" this way any other pages you create that may be outside the forum but use MyBB code will still work.

the images and smilies are tied to the setting for the Board URL, so they should work. can you post a link to a post that has the broken images?
Okay so Let me see...what I am being advised of is a cookie situation? Right now it is /forum in admin.cp and on the inc/settings.. so I should change them both to "/" in inc/settings and the forum. Ok.. I will try that and thank you. I will try different ways but the smile image is .org/forum/images/smiles and they still will not show but they show as blank
edit your inc/settings.php maybe there is a problem on your site url and cache
(2011-10-22, 04:27 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so Let me see...what I am being advised of is a cookie situation? Right now it is /forum in admin.cp and on the inc/settings.. so I should change them both to "/" in inc/settings and the forum. Ok.. I will try that and thank you. I will try different ways but the smile image is .org/forum/images/smiles and they still will not show but they show as blank

just delete settings.php, mybb will recreate it from the database.

smilies should just be images/smilies/FILENAME
Yes because I cannot get in at all.. so I will go into cpanel and then delete all my cookies and try again and there should be no /forum ahead of the images/smiles/filename..

I am headed to the cpanel now.. I did not know that the mybb database would recreate inc/settings.php itself ..thank you..!

*Update

I am still unable to gain access to any log in.. whether it is logging into the forum or the admin.cp

I deleted the settings.php... and now it reads this for cookies

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".thefreeweb.org/";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum";

So what should I do now.. I wish I could get into admin.cp but it continues to block me from entering
Check ur config file at: inc/ config.php
I Have Vapor and everything else is now working but the smiles... I guess I will have to disable them or something until I get this straightened out. I am now able to log in etc by running the upgrade php... but still no smiles LOL
Pages: 1 2