MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do I need cPanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-10-28, 06:09 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-28, 04:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I use Direct Admin. Does what I need as I don't have the skill or bravery to try and install everything myself.

Curiously Matt, is this on your personal servers or your other servers?

My VPS. I tried installing things manually and couldn't get it to work, and I really didn't know what I was doing well enough to make sure it was done properly.
Direct Admin is horrible. I'm a long term Plesk user.
(2011-10-29, 01:11 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Direct Admin is horrible. I'm a long term Plesk user.

I took a look at Plesk and it looks a lot nicer. I was also having problems with WebMin. I might give that a go.
Only thing that bugs me is the UI is slow.
* Alex Smith thinks DA is a god send but never used plesk either.
* Jason L. Just noticed it was paid...guess I have to continue with webmin.
(2011-10-29, 01:33 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]* Jason L. Just noticed it was paid...guess I have to continue with webmin.

Whats wrong with Webmin for you?
(2011-10-29, 01:48 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-29, 01:33 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]* Jason L. Just noticed it was paid...guess I have to continue with webmin.

Whats wrong with Webmin for you?

I had problems installing it. Now I have the problems I told you about over msn. Whenever I attempted to install it I got several fatal errors.
Do you have the dependancies needed installed?
Plesk is overkill for managing a few sites. We use it at work, it's fine for managing hundreds of sites, not needed for only a handful.
Pages: 1 2 3 4