MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beta build?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Maybe you could release a beta build, to allow plugin authors and themers to update content. Then we'd have many plugins and themes ready on release Smile
I'm sure this planned for from the start.
(2011-10-27, 05:25 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this planned for from the start.

Exciting, or maybe an alpha build? Like a version made for fun (full of bugs or whatever) just to test it out and not installing it on website? Excitement is killing me
(2011-10-27, 06:37 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-27, 05:25 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this planned for from the start.

Exciting, or maybe an alpha build? Like a version made for fun (full of bugs or whatever) just to test it out and not installing it on website? Excitement is killing me

I'm pretty sure this will follow the exact same type of release policy as 1.6 Gold did. Wink
I doubt there is much to see currently. Plus there would be someone stupid enough to try and upgrade their forum to it.
(2011-10-27, 06:54 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt there is much to see currently. Plus there would be someone stupid enough to try and upgrade their forum to it.

Yes I know Sad, maybe not a downloadable version? One on a separate server just for test?? That would be cool
(2011-10-27, 07:28 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-27, 06:54 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt there is much to see currently. Plus there would be someone stupid enough to try and upgrade their forum to it.

Yes I know Sad, maybe not a downloadable version? One on a separate server just for test?? That would be cool

That would completely defeat the purpose of a true beta. The 1.6 release cycle was perfect IMO - there was a beta before the gold and many of the active plugin/theme authors had no problems upgrading their stuff before gold. I highly doubt the MyBB team will just push out a version and call it gold without it having had some testing in the form of a beta anyway.
OK guys let's not get so much excited and talk this topic right now, let's keep suggesting relevant things and wait for an official news from the team Smile

As said MyBB 2.0 is still in it's early stages of development
There hasn't been much progress made on 2.0. I assigned part of the 2.0 Development Team to the new Mods Site to better serve our current community and I've been kept busy on 1.6.x fixes. Towards the end of the year, they'll be some really good changes to MyBB and in the new year we'll be fully focused on 2.0.

You'll be able to download 2.0 when it's a forum system and is semi-usable in a test environment. We'll then go through the usual beta process when we're ready.
I doubt plugin authors will start rewriting their plugins when they know they will need to do so every time a new pre-alpha version is release.

It will be a waste of time for them I think...
Pages: 1 2 3