MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activity feed like in vanilla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-11-03, 06:03 AM)adityapavan Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think there would be much load when it is default,only plugins make load high i suppose ?

Nah, no matter whether its a plugin or core feature, it would take up load, because it should make query constantly for updating new statuses, replies and show you the alerts.
Theoretically, a plugin would have slightly more load, by nature. However, only forums running the plugin would have higher loads. All other forums who didn't need the feature would have drastically lower load Wink

Also, I don't think you understand what hooks do Wink
So if others dont want,they can disable the feature in acp,just like a switch,who wants it will on and who dont will off.
But i am sure more than 80% will love the feature.
Forums are changing and we need to change accordingly Smile
Yes, but then every time the page loads, it has to check if the feature is enabled. It's still going to add load. That's the reason why we have plugins, instead of just sticking in 1000's of selectable features in the default install.
It might be a nice addition to that stats.php page.
Any news on this feature? I'd love to see it in MyBB Smile
I'd hate to see MyBB copy Vanilla, much as I love Vanilla. It just wouldn't fit imo.
One thing I do really like about Vanilla is that you can view ALL topics in ALL forums, or narrow down the categories further ...
(2011-12-11, 10:33 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I do really like about Vanilla is that you can view ALL topics in ALL forums, or narrow down the categories further ...

Yes I really like that as well. And the fact you can change the category you're starting a new discussion in from the new discussion page.
I actually started on something similar a while ago, although it's not complete. Should I finish it? O.o
Pages: 1 2 3 4