MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for "Dice Roller"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey. So I'm looking for either a plug in or a mybb code that allows me to roll ten sided dice. Here is an example thread on a non-mybb forum that is similar to what I want to do.

http://www.fftrealm.com/forum/viewtopic....521#518521

Any suggestions/help?
There is already a dice roller plugin, chech it out.
I did a search on the website (not the forums) for "dice" and the only thing that came up was the word "prejudice". On the forums there are only two that I've found, one that I have to be a paid subscriber to some other website for (which is LAUGHABLE and pathetic!!!) and the other was only a 6 sided die roller that you could only roll once by checking off a box while posting.

I want to be able to roll 10 sided die multiple times in a single post more than once and have it immediately display my roll results in text in the post. I want to be able to choose how many sides the dice I roll have and how many times I am rolling them.
How much are you willing to pay for a new plugin?
(2011-11-03, 06:41 PM)shinderhizzle84 Wrote: [ -> ]On the forums there are only two that I've found, one that I have to be a paid subscriber to some other website for (which is LAUGHABLE and pathetic!!!)

Excuse me? Just because MyBB is free and open source doesn't mean it's addons are.

People spend hours of their free time creating quality, secure plugins. The creator of that plugin runs the largest active MyBB forum and is a trusted plugin author. If you can't appreciate that by spending a measly $10, then your then one who's pathetic.

You will need to modify the free one, pay for the pathetic one or pay for a custom one.
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3015.html

Released over 2 years ago. Should work with 1.6x.
(2011-11-03, 07:15 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-03, 06:41 PM)shinderhizzle84 Wrote: [ -> ]On the forums there are only two that I've found, one that I have to be a paid subscriber to some other website for (which is LAUGHABLE and pathetic!!!)

Excuse me? Just because MyBB is free and open source doesn't mean it's addons are.

People spend hours of their free time creating quality, secure plugins. The creator of that plugin runs the largest active MyBB forum and is a trusted plugin author. If you can't appreciate that by spending a measly $10, then your then one who's pathetic.

I didn't mean to sound unappreciative of people's hard work or anything, it's just that if I wanted to spend money on an internet forum I would have just bought vbulletin, lol. Also the paid dice roller in question wasn't asking for money, but the only way you could download is if you donated to some other retarded forum for a certain amount of money. That's what 's laughable. If someone takes the time to make a really cool or unique program and wants to get a little cash back for all of their hard work, I'm fine with that. Just because I won't buy it doesn't mean they can't charge for their product. But don't ask me to donate to some forum that I'm never going to go onto again just to download your plugin. That's what bothered me Toungue

labrocca Wrote:http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3015.html

This is actually the file in question. It says I have to donate to the forum in order to download? Is there anything available similar to this that is free? It honestly can't be that hard to make a MyBB code that randomizes numbers for a poster, can it?
(2011-11-05, 03:21 AM)shinderhizzle84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-03, 07:15 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't mean to sound unappreciative of people's hard work or anything, it's just that if I wanted to spend money on an internet forum I would have just bought vbulletin, lol. Also the paid dice roller in question wasn't asking for money, but the only way you could download is if you donated to some other retarded forum for a certain amount of money. That's what 's laughable. If someone takes the time to make a really cool or unique program and wants to get a little cash back for all of their hard work, I'm fine with that. Just because I won't buy it doesn't mean they can't charge for their product. But don't ask me to donate to some forum that I'm never going to go onto again just to download your plugin. That's what bothered me Toungue

labrocca Wrote:http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3015.html

This is actually the file in question. It says I have to donate to the forum in order to download? Is there anything available similar to this that is free? It honestly can't be that hard to make a MyBB code that randomizes numbers for a poster, can it?

Actually subscriptions the the person's site is the standard method for "paid" plugins. You pay for a premium membership and get access to every Premium plugin by that author. I myself do this. As does Jesse (labrocca) and many others. I don't see how thats laughable... I see it as smart. $10/yr to download everything? Yes, you do have to maintain subscriber status, but still...
Quote: I see it as smart. $10/yr to download everything?

It's a one-time $10 fee not yearly. Just to make note of that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4