MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: chmod question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm trying to allow for avatar uploads but under Tools & Maintenance... well it'll be easier to show it:

[attachment=24608]

I looked for those two files (./uploads & ./uploads/avatars) in File Manager and also through filezilla ftp and can not find them. Any ideas?
/uploads is in the root directory. If it's not there, upload it and its sub-folders again.
"uploads" is the actual folder.
(2011-11-06, 12:52 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]/uploads is in the root directory. If it's not there, upload it and its sub-folders again.

Thanks for the fast reply. I am an extreme noob so I don't know what you mean. Upload what again? I didn't upload MyBB someone at hawkhost did it for me when I had asked how to go about it. This was bittersweet because it got uploaded but I didn't get the benefit of the experience.
i cannot find uploads anywhere.
i can't find uploads anywhere.
Kevin, if you really need help PM me your details and I can just do it for you.
The files you already have uploaded, theres a folder called "uploads" in your root. CHMOD that folder to 777
(2011-11-06, 01:04 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]The files you already have uploaded, theres a folder called "uploads" in your root. CHMOD that folder to 777

It's not there, or else I don't know where to look.
(2011-11-06, 01:04 AM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin, if you really need help PM me your details and I can just do it for you.

I appreciate that but I won't learn anything that way. I'm going to have to be the admin and I need to learn this the hard way.
Show us a screenshot of your file structure.
(2011-11-06, 01:17 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Show us a screenshot of your file structure.

I can't open all the subfolders under public and fit them in a screenshot but I searched them all and never found a folder titled uploads. I looked in all the directories also and didn't find one.

[attachment=24609]
Re-upload a new mybb package, your missing some files.
Pages: 1 2 3