MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unused Niche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Unlikely you'll find an unused niche. Especially off a the MyBB Community forum.
If you're looking for a niche, find something really, really specific/different that you have a great interest in. For me, it would be the vertical jump. Webmastery is too broad, you could target a specific area.
What about "Forza Motorsport" game series?
(2011-11-06, 05:11 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]What about "Forza Motorsport" game series?

forums.forzamotorsport.net
www.forzacentral.com
forzainterforums.com

Pick again.
1) Skating forum
2) YouTube Forum
4) Magic Forum

Uhhh yeah. Kinda specific genres but I suppose if you know a lot about them you could pull it off.
(2011-11-06, 02:21 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]1) Skating forum
2) YouTube Forum
4) Magic Forum

Uhhh yeah. Kinda specific genres but I suppose if you know a lot about them you could pull it off.

What do you mean by YouTube forum? What would it offer? What are some examples of the forums it would have?
So you just want to create another forum?
If you don't have a little traffic before you build your forum, you're not gonna get anywhere, let's keep it real, you'll create a forum, send its link to everyone you know, start creating topics (they might be good & relevant), but it's just hard to make another forum and start trying to get people's attention...

Probably ALL the possible niches have been used already, and some people are ready to give M$ for new niches but it's just impossible to find (imo)

Someone said YouTube Forum? You're gonna get banned for using a copyrighted name, and people just watch videos and don't feel the need to talk about 'em, if they do, they will comment on the video, and if you target webmasters or people who earn money using YouTube, you'll be sued by Google.

The last solution:
So first of all, create a website about what you like in real life (I see some people creating websites about getting traffic or Internet Marketing, Sorry? What are going to tell me about traffic or earning money online if you don't have any traffic and earn 0$ from your website!!)

Let's say you like Skiing, then create a website about that (not a forum), and when you start getting 1k visitors per day, then do a forum, people will join it then because they will feel the need to discuss it, but if they just land on an empty forum where there's 1 person who posts, people will quit as soon as the page loads.
Quote:Someone said YouTube Forum? You're gonna get banned for using a copyrighted name, and people just watch videos and don't feel the need to talk about 'em, if they do, they will comment on the video, and if you target webmasters or people who earn money using YouTube, you'll be sued by Google.

I never said use the name YOUTUBE did I? Call it video forum or what ever the hell you want to.

And the forum would be more a place to share videos and discuss how to make them better. It'd be a place for smaller youtubers to gather and promote videos. Rather then a discussion on a single video.

At some point, YouTube Copyright Infringement could do troubles if you're starting a forum related to it. Legal notices with things associated with famous platforms is just like a Dad holding his small child's hand, one can never get away from it, consequences maybe bad at times.

Well, on topic, niches can be anything. Some upcoming games, your real life gag. I was reading 4chan's wiki over Wikipedia some days back, when it started, all thought what a sluggish way and a website which could never succeed. But see now. Moot also faced troubles & went into debt but then again, he did co-pup with things.

You can use multiple niches from other guys, the thing is how better you flourish and present it to the media, the public than some other X guy competing you.
Again, other members have been over this before. You're thinking incorrectly.

WHAT NOT TO DO:

I want to start a forum -> Think of an Idea -> Implement forum

WHAT TO DO:

Think of an idea -> decide whether the forum is the best implementation for such idea -> Implement forum

There are way too many forums out there. Not that many good forums out there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4