MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Were we just DDoS'ed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Havent been able to access mybb.com for about 90 minutes :s

Just kept getting a "Too many connections" error. Seems to only be the database that was affected though, as the site loaded but the database failed :s
Many users connected probably. Might be a small DDoS, I don't think so, though.
I received Resource temporarily unavailable, which I found very strange. I guess it caused accept() to fail with eagain.

Someone should put these kids in school.
Too me it sounds like a ddos Anythings possible these days
(2011-11-11, 01:46 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I received Resource temporarily unavailable, which I found very strange. I guess it caused accept() to fail with eagain.

So true or a law that makes them pay who they DDOS $1000 a minute the site is down for Wink
That would be an irrational law, however there is something like it (having consequences for committing to a DDoS attack)
(2011-11-12, 02:12 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-11, 01:46 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I received Resource temporarily unavailable, which I found very strange. I guess it caused accept() to fail with eagain.

So true or a law that makes them pay who they DDOS $1000 a minute the site is down for Wink

Its possible that your site faced DDoS but it can be for something else for example maybe your site had a lot of visitors in this period and you saw this error because usually websites which have a lot of visitors attack. Even sometimes new websites have a lot of traffic suddenly. Are you using shared or dedicated server?
(2011-11-12, 11:13 AM)voctan Wrote: [ -> ]Its possible that your site faced DDoS but it can be for something else for example maybe your site had a lot of visitors in this period and you saw this error because usually websites which have a lot of visitors attack. Even sometimes new websites have a lot of traffic suddenly. Are you using shared or dedicated server?

MyBB.com is ran on multiple servers IIRC. We never have more than ~600 visitors at a time.

Plus this is likely due to MyBB being attacked before.
Well it was down last night for me (Australian time zone)
It I got *Server Stopped Responding* So it's likely it could've been ddosed
This thread was made on the 11th.
Pages: 1 2