MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Minecraft plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering if anyone would be able to try and make two, hopefully simple plugins for me.

1. Minecraft Username Checker

I would like to have a custom profile field for a forum member to enter their Minecraft username when they sign up to the forum. Once the user enters their username, it should be checked to see if it is a legitimate username, i.e. if they have bought the game. This can be done by placing their username into this URL: http://www.minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=username which seems to return either "true" or "false". If it is false, the person should be asked for their correct username. The correct username must then be displayed on their profile as a custom profile field would.

2. Minecraft Avatar Get

This plugin should get a person's avatar which is based on their Minecraft username, but ONLY if they haven't got a custom avatar. It should also allow people to still upload custom avatars if they want. To get the avatar, there is an extremely nice website, minotar.net(has API), or by using something like this: http://minotar.net/avatar/username/200.png
The plugin should be able to adjust the number at the end of the URL, which specifies the size of the avatar image. The username can be taken from a custom profile field, such as the one the 1st plugin makes.

Both plugin's need to be case-sensitive, as usernames can have capitals in them as well. You can test both URLs by substituting Notch instead of username.

I hope that neither of these requests are too hard for you plugin developers, some of the stuff you make is amazing. I will sign your praise from the top of the mountains if you can do this for me! Big Grin

EDIT: There is a Wordpress plugin similar to what I want in the 1st plugin. Hopefully it helps: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mine...validator/
Actually wouldn't be to to hard. I can't do it, but enjoy this free bump because you included examples and methods.
What is the plugin supposed to do for the second request? I mean I understand you want it to grab the user's MC avatar, but do you want it to set their MyBB avatar to that avatar as well? Or what?
(2011-11-13, 10:24 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]What is the plugin supposed to do for the second request? I mean I understand you want it to grab the user's MC avatar, but do you want it to set their MyBB avatar to that avatar as well? Or what?

I want it to set their avatar to the MC avatar, but I still want them to be able to change their avatar to something they upload. This MC avatar will act as a default avatar, only appearing if the user doesn't have a custom avatar.
(2011-11-13, 05:23 PM)addam Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: There is a Wordpress plugin similar to what I want in the 1st plugin. Hopefully it helps: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mine...validator/

You just made my day. Big Grin Thanks for the recognition!
Would you be willing to pay for either of these?
No. If I cannot get it for free, then I'll try to learn how to make them myself. I unfortunately don't have any money for these kind of things, sorry.
(2011-11-21, 10:40 PM)ghost1227 Wrote: [ -> ]You just made my day. Big Grin Thanks for the recognition!

Awesome! You wouldn't happen to have a MyBB plugin like that?...
(2011-11-22, 05:31 AM)addam Wrote: [ -> ]No. If I cannot get it for free, then I'll try to learn how to make them myself. I unfortunately don't have any money for these kind of things, sorry.
(2011-11-21, 10:40 PM)ghost1227 Wrote: [ -> ]You just made my day. Big Grin Thanks for the recognition!

Awesome! You wouldn't happen to have a MyBB plugin like that?...

Nope, sorry... and sorry for the delay, I don't use MyBB so kinda forgot to check this thread. I'd be happy to help create one though.
I'll start to work on this. It isn't hard, just give me a day or 2 to make it perfect! Wink
Alright, for the first plugin, I have just a simple plugin that will allow users to put their MineCraft username on their profile, but right now I'm going to work on the validations! Give me a few hours and I should have it ready! Smile

Just download the file, upload it to your plugin directory and install.
I wrote it pretty fast.. but I tested it also and it worked fine for me.

If you see any bugs, let me know.. I didn't see any but I did it pretty fast.
Thanks.

[attachment=25355]

I'll come back with the validation next!
(2012-01-21, 10:35 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start to work on this. It isn't hard, just give me a day or 2 to make it perfect! Wink
Alright, for the first plugin, I have just a simple plugin that will allow users to put their MineCraft username on their profile, but right now I'm going to work on the validations! Give me a few hours and I should have it ready! Smile

Just download the file, upload it to your plugin directory and install.
I wrote it pretty fast.. but I tested it also and it worked fine for me.

If you see any bugs, let me know.. I didn't see any but I did it pretty fast.
Thanks.

I'll come back with the validation next!
It doesn't even work for me D: Did you enable it to give it to existing users without a Profile Picture?
Pages: 1 2 3