MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: posts at the same time error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I thought it strange. Two of my members made posts in two different forums at the same exact time, but for some reason, mybb thought they were in the same forum? The response showed up in the "Last post" column on the far right, even though the thread wasn't in that forum...and no, this has nothing to do with the parentfixlists.php problem. They are two totally independent forums and neither was ever a parent of the other. I made posts in both threads to see if it would do it again, but it didn't. Just a glitch?? Is it possible that the system got confused since the posts were made at the same time??
As far as I am aware, it is impossible for PHP to handle two of these requests at exactly the same time.

Dunno what might have caused that though...
If it's impossible, then how does php handle a request to post two different posts at the same time? Just chooses to post one and then the other? Somehow, when it did that, it put them both in the same forum's most recent posts. Strange, huh?
Did you ever change the "Parent Forum" for any forum (not just talking about those two specific forums)?

Also, can you check the 'dateline' of the two posts in phpMyAdmin (figure out what the two Post IDs [pids] are and look for them in mybb_posts) and see if the two posts have the same 'dateline'
judel Wrote:Did I ever change the parent forum for any forum??? Not sure what you mean here, but the two forums that are affected are in two totally separate categories. They were never involved with each other at all! The only thing I've done in the past is to change child forums to separate parent forums. Had this problem once when I made a child into a parent, and had to use the php fix...but that has nothing to do with this.

So you are absolutely sure that the two forums were NEVER a subforum or a sub-subforum, or sub-sub-subforum (etc) of each other?

judel Wrote:As far as your other suggestion? I've only been into phpMyAdmin once to make a backup. Not even sure if I would even know where to begin to get that info you mentioned. I know I could find the post ID's, but where in phpMyAdmin would I look to see their "dateline"???

Run this SQL code for both post IDs and see if the 'dateline's are equal:
SELECT dateline FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid='xyz'

Change mybb_ to your table prefix, and xyz to each post ID.
Quote:So you are absolutely sure that the two forums were NEVER a subforum or a sub-subforum, or sub-sub-subforum (etc) of each other?
Yes, I am absolutely positively without a doubt certain they were never sub anything of each other.

Quote:Run this SQL code for both post IDs and see if the 'dateline's are equal:
I know next to nothing about sql. Where do I run this code???
Go into phpMyAdmin, and select your database at the left, then you should see a "SQL" tab somewhere at the top. Click on that, and then enter the code in I posted above (replacing the necessary values), and click "Go"
Quote:Change mybb_ to your table prefix, and xyz to each post ID.
OK, I'm just about ready to run this, but one last question (hopefully), where do I find my table prefix??

EDIT: Nevermind. mybb_ IS my prefix. Smile

I ran both posts and the dateline is the same. Both came up as 1153771734.
woah. Thats like a 1 in a millionth chance....
Pages: 1 2 3