MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB and having some trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
^ may be someone from support team comes forward to help ; let's wait !

AND for the log-in issue , see Login Logout problems ...
(2011-11-25, 03:02 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I just checked and it is saying that they all have the same IP address, if anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

What is the first octet of the IP address (i.e. the first number before the first .).

192 by any chance?

Do you use CloudFlare?

Also, your cookie settings are incorrect. They say "forum.fogaming.com" and "/" when they should be ".fogaming.com" and "/forum"
Paul, does MyBB used $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to determine originating IP? I could look it up but I am feeling lazy.

The reason I ask is that if his server has a proxy or some such he'll need to check for, and use, $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'] and/or $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'].

Assuming both of the above I can provide direction on exactly what file to modify if needed.
You don't need to modify a file, it's a core feature to check for that.

ACP>Configuration>Settings>Server and Optimization Options>Scrutinize User's IP address?
(2011-11-25, 03:24 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use CloudFlare?

Also, your cookie settings are incorrect. They say "forum.fogaming.com" and "/" when they should be ".fogaming.com" and "/forum"

Yeah I accidently screwed up the cookie settings a few minutes ago, I am working on fixing it now, but that isn't the major problem, its the IP one that is.

And the first octet is 67 (if thats what an octet is)

Edit: Ok I have completely screwed up the cookie settings somehow, I did what Paul H said, but the url is really messed up.
(2011-11-25, 03:30 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]And the first octet is 67 (if thats what an octet is)

Paul: Given the above, it is possible that his private network has an unusual non-standard prefix which is causing the IP address determiner in functions.php to fail - further IP scrutiny is only done if the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] begins with 10, 172.16, or 192.168.

Just a thought.

Ok so I fixed the cookie problem, however, I am still having the IP problem.
Can you post details to an Admin login in the Private Inquiries forum so the Support Team can take a look at it? Thanks. http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html
(2011-11-25, 10:38 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post details to an Admin login in the Private Inquiries forum so the Support Team can take a look at it? Thanks. http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html

Just did, thank you for the help!
Pages: 1 2 3 4