MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB and having some trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It could be a host issue. Who's your host?
Paul,

Please consider what I said previously.

To test my theory:

In ./inc/functions.php change the following two lines:

From this:

2889:   if(!preg_match("#^(10|172\.16|192\.168)\.#", $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']))

2909: 				if(!preg_match("#^(10|172\.16|192\.168)\.#", $val))

To this:

2889:   if(!preg_match("#^(10|172\.16|192\.168|67)\.#", $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']))

2909:				if(!preg_match("#^(10|172\.16|192\.168|67)\.#", $val))

If this works then it means that the proxy or gateway that is causing the issue has an internal IP address starting 67 or is forwarding its internet-facing IP address.

Should this fix prove to work, it would be wise to further change the |67 to |67\.xxx\.xxx\.xxx where xxx are the second, third and fourth octets respectively of the IP address being reported against all users. As this IP address is not likely to change if it is a proxy/gateway and this change would avoid the problem of users with an originating IP address that starts 67 not being resolved.
You could do that to fix it, yes. Thanks Smile

I am still interested in what is causing this though...
(2011-11-25, 11:01 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You could do that to fix it, yes. Thanks Smile

I am still interested in what is causing this though...

I strongly suspect it is a misconfigured proxy or gateway (host problem).

If the gentleman having the issues tells us his host perhaps we (or he) could ask them?
Well im not sure if cpanel is who the host would be, but it was set up for me by an acquaintance of mine. I purchased hosting from him, and everything is through cpanel, from what I understand.
(2011-11-25, 11:12 PM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Well im not sure if cpanel is who the host would be, but it was set up for me by an acquaintance of mine. I purchased hosting from him, and everything is through cpanel, from what I understand.

Cpanel is a common hosting content management software that your host has installed to allow you to administer your hosting.

Have you tried making the changes I suggested?

(2011-11-25, 11:19 PM)ViniH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 11:12 PM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Well im not sure if cpanel is who the host would be, but it was set up for me by an acquaintance of mine. I purchased hosting from him, and everything is through cpanel, from what I understand.

Cpanel is a common hosting content management software that your host has installed to allow you to administer your hosting.

Have you tried making the changes I suggested?
Well I have no idea how to do that, and I am scared to mess things up :/
(2011-11-26, 12:50 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have no idea how to do that, and I am scared to mess things up :/

Who installed MyBB for you?
(2011-11-26, 12:49 PM)ViniH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-26, 12:50 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have no idea how to do that, and I am scared to mess things up :/

Who installed MyBB for you?

I did, with a little guidance from my friend (who also did the hosting).
Well my instructions were pretty straightforward I thought, open the file, change two lines, save the file... make a copy first in case you mess it up.

Smile

The part about octets was basically where I am asking you to put |67 you would put the entire IP address instead with backslahes before the dots. Eg: |67\.25\.178\.4 or whatever the IP is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4