MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Stop This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
last day A user Hack My Site Many Times , I check His Detail And get He Hacked Many Mybb Forum in different Countries.
He hack Only index.php Page So please Anyone Know How can Save our My bb Forum by These Types Peoples.
Mybb Support Team Develop Any Plugins ?

[Image: kHNX3.png]
There are no plugins to stop people hacking you. All you can do is make sure you keep your version uptodate, keep your security tight (passwords/access to areas such as ACP limited), make sure the plugins you are using aren't causing you any issues.
are you sure it is only index.php file AND how did he get access to it ...

have you had html posting on forums / chat system ?
had you given admin panel access & ftp access to strangers ?

just a reminder : prevention is better than cure
He Hacked More Then 100 Mybb Forums in World.
i think Mybb hacked his Hobby And Like To Disturb Mybb Users.
After the successfully hacked He Publish Site index.php snaps On Facebook Wall.

[Image: Zf3J4.png]
I see now... DreamDTH Is Back Now.Saved From Hacking.
This is good. Btw... bery nice community. I like it. Smile
hmm hackers do nag you when you're using mybb. But its mainly due to the mistakes of the forum administrator. Ok to prevent these hacks follow these steps.
1. Rename your admin directory and then edit your inc/config.php file to rename the admin directory.
2. Look for open directories in your website, i.e. Make index.html files in every directory while keeping them empty to prevent the hacker from knowing your directory structure.
3. Make sure the attachment permissions are chmod to unexecutable. Make sure that html posting is disabled.
4. Prevent external access to your inc/config.php using suitable permissions in your .htaccess.
5. Install AdminCP honeypot. It is definitely a very cool plugin.
Follow these steps. Do keep changing the password to your database and then update your config.php. These steps will prevent but not stop hacks. Meanwhile keep checking mybb security page here in the forum and then follow the preventive steps to lower risk of being hacked.
Cheers, Musa Naqvi
If this happens again just report her/him to the police.
Yup with a dynamic ip address? It'll take more money to sue him if he goes forward with it. Prevention is better than cure.
Hello! Did you fix this? I wanna remake my forum and i wanna choose mybb or phpbb and as far i can see mybb is kinda unsecure, please leave an answer with the fix if you fixed it Smile. Thanks!
(2011-11-25, 06:24 PM)dgcyears Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Did you fix this? I wanna remake my forum and i wanna choose mybb or phpbb and as far i can see mybb is kinda unsecure, please leave an answer with the fix if you fixed it Smile. Thanks!

MyBB is extremely secure, one of the best IMO. It's when people add untrusted plugins and use insecure passwords that they get hacked.
Pages: 1 2