MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my users&groups in 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,yesterday I upgrade my mybb to 1.6.5 but today I found that there is some problems in my users&groups.

when I go to:

User Groups » Groups »
and make some changes in one group(forexample Guests),I click on "save User Group" buttonl,But sistem shows some errors:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'showinbirthdaylist' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET type='1', title='Guests', description='The default group that all visitors are assigned to unless they\'re logged in.', namestyle='{username}', usertitle='Unregistered', stars='0', starimage='', image='', isbannedgroup='0', canview='1', canviewthreads='1', canviewprofiles='1', candlattachments='0', canpostthreads='0', canpostreplys='0', canpostattachments='0', canratethreads='0', caneditposts='1', candeleteposts='1', candeletethreads='1', caneditattachments='1', canpostpolls='0', canvotepolls='0', canundovotes='0', canusepms='0', cansendpms='0', cantrackpms='0', candenypmreceipts='0', pmquota='0', maxpmrecipients='5', cansendemail='0', maxemails='5', canviewmemberlist='1', canviewcalendar='1', canaddevents='0', canbypasseventmod='0', canmoderateevents='0', canviewonline='1', canviewwolinvis='0', canviewonlineips='0', cancp='0', issupermod='0', cansearch='1', canusercp='0', canuploadavatars='0', canchangename='0', showforumteam='0', usereputationsystem='0', cangivereputations='0', reputationpower='0', maxreputationsday='0', maxreputationsperuser='0', maxreputationsperthread='0', attachquota='0', cancustomtitle='0', canwarnusers='0', canreceivewarnings='0', maxwarningsday='0', canmodcp='0', showinbirthdaylist='0', canoverridepm='0', canusesig='0', canusesigxposts='0', signofollow='0' WHERE gid='1'

What should I do???
please help me,thanks so much
Did you run the upgrade script?
no I deleted my old one and installed 1.6.5 from the beginning(1.6.5 package)
new version has lots of problems!!!
go to you admin panal
Tools & Maintenance >> Optimize Database >> Select All >> Optimize Selected Tables
(2011-11-27, 11:18 AM)mohdows Wrote: [ -> ]go to you admin panal
Tools & Maintenance >> Optimize Database >> Select All >> Optimize Selected Tables

Don't do this. It will have no effect.

If you're using 1.6.5, go to ./install/upgrade.php (remember to remove the lock file first). If you're missing the folder, re-upload it from the latest version. Select 1.6.4 as your previous version and run the upgrade script. It's definitely there.
Oh, and before you do that, always remember - backup your database.
Hi,

I have the exact same problem as the original poster. I upgraded mybb via cpanel.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.
You can't just upgrade via cPanel. You need to run the upgrade script as already stated twice above.
I did upgrade mybb via cpanel, Installatron, to 1.6.5.

Now I have this error, and I can't fix it.

This problem exists with a 1.6.4 upgrade to 1.6.5 and also with a fresh install of 1.6.5 which I did today for a different domain.

I have this mybb 1.6.5 bug with two copies of mybb and request a solution.

What causes this bug? How can it be resolved?
It doesn't occur with a new installation. MyBB 1.6.5 has been install thousands of times without any issues.

The issue occurs when you haven't ran the upgrade script. Don't use third party scripts to upgrade. They are unreliable.

See [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead).
Pages: 1 2