MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Wiki Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This plugin is incomplete, has numerous glitches, and may have vulnerabilites. Do NOT use this on a live site, use on localhost at your own risk. Development on this plugin will start again in the near future.

I plan on making a wiki plugin for MyBB. It is NOT a bridge plugin for MediaWiki or any other wiki, it is a wiki for MyBB.

What do you want in it?

Features
Key: Done In progress Proposed, not yet started

The MyBB post parser will be the page parser, so MyCode will be the language, not wikitext

Page history

Who's Online functionality (basic)

Random page

MyBB ACP backend

Permissions system

View all pages

Search

Current Screenshots

View page: http://i.imm.io/cftE.png
Edit page: http://i.imm.io/cftO.png
Page history: http://i.imm.io/cftR.png

Downloads

Version 0.1: [attachment=24852]

Extract wiki.php to your forum root and mywiki.php to inc/plugins.

Contributors

Paul H. (Front End)
euantor (Back End)
I want it , badly!

The options of having tables would be nice to lay out certain data. The ability to allow certain user groups to edit data, the option of recording in some way how much time and or edits someone has made, and also some sort of last edit revert option incase of defacement.

I'm sure there is more I could suggest, I'm looking at it from the point of view of a vehicle forum I have, and using some sort of wiki to allow members to build an in-depth knowledge resource of the vehicle.
It will have any MyCode you have on your forum, so if you have a table MyCode, it would have tables. I believe there was a tut on a table MyCode around here somewhere...
(2011-11-28, 08:20 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It will have any MyCode you have on your forum, so if you have a table MyCode, it would have tables. I believe there was a tut on a table MyCode around here somewhere...

I've got a table my code so great!

If you want to test finalised versions feel free to ask.
Well, I haven't even started yet, but I will post beta versions in here, yes Smile
Just to correct myself, I've got a table generator, so would need to install a my code.

Saying that, when I get home I'll post a link to the table generator because it let's you just coulm and row titles which look quite nice.
oowww.. I wanted it to be a MediaWiki bridge...

Will try nonetheless Smile

Things I would like to see:
Forum like permission system.
MyCode/HTML Parsers based in permissions.
Usernames styles as in the forums.
Not based in forum post/threads (like using xThreads or the other wiki plugin already available)

EDIT: Hope it uses the mybb template system.
EDIT: Groups Permissions (same as #1? xD)
It will use templates. Which will be interesting because I haven't made any plugins with templates yet O.o

Permission system will be CSV lists.

It will use the MyBB post parser and everything that comes with it, including /me, images, URLs and other MyCode.
Nice, looking forward to it. I was going to integrate MediaWIki, but found it cumbersome and the alternatives were not viable in my opinion.

All the standard Wiki flare would be nice, edit tracking, user and group permissions (view, add, edit, delete, comment, auto-approved, approve/disapprove moderation, etc), moderators, attachments, diff viewer for mods to compare original, last approved, and latest versions, tag cloud, etc.

Auto linking would be awesome, but a cumbersome/performance issue. I'd like to see it as an option for the admin to enable or not.
(2011-11-28, 08:47 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]It will use templates. Which will be interesting because I haven't made any plugins with templates yet O.o

Permission system will be CSV lists.

It will use the MyBB post parser and everything that comes with it, including /me, images, URLs and other MyCode.

then I suggest you create a new template group and set it as a default group. Take a look at MySupport or MyShowcase plugins for examples of how to insert the template groups.
(2011-11-28, 08:01 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you want in it?

Use MyBB post parser/MyCode -or- Use wikitext?

Both.

Also, I'd rather have you use MyBB permissions settable in the ACP than a csv. Just makes more sense Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11