MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maze Solver (windows only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hai Smile

A few people have expressed interest in seeing my Maze solver Smile It is windows only, and requires the .NET framework (3.5 if i remember correctly).

I have included some images (but you can find more here (you MUST set the path width to 1 pixel Smile))

There are a few unhandeled exceptions here and there, as it's far from complete and stable Toungue Have fun though Smile Also, I doubt you will be able to solve the 600x600UNTESTED maze due to it's size Smile

SPECIAL IMAGE: ChristmasSpecial.bmp
Just drop this into the "Mazes" folder and solve it Wink

Super Mazes:
The ".NET 4 Improved" version includes a 300x300 maze. This is as far as i've tested my application. It also includes a 600x600 maze, which will take an exceptionally long time to solve Toungue
Wine complains it requires 4.0 Sad (Last time I checked 4.0 was highly unstable with Wine)

Any chance you could compile it with 3.5 compatibility? I haven't used MSVS in a few years but I do remember there's an option for it. Toungue
OHMYGAWDVIRII!!!

lol naw. that's neat. source plz? Rolleyes
(2011-12-02, 02:16 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Wine complains it requires 4.0 Sad (Last time I checked 4.0 was highly unstable with Wine)

Any chance you could compile it with 3.5 compatibility? I haven't used MSVS in a few years but I do remember there's an option for it. Toungue

Sure, I'll do it tonight Smile

(2011-12-02, 02:28 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]OHMYGAWDVIRII!!!

lol naw. that's neat. source plz? Rolleyes

Sure Smile I'll post it later Smile it looks even sexier now Toungue
*Downloads*. *Attempts EPIC maze*.

EDIT: Not responding xD. My computer's fine, just seems your program doesn't like epic mazes.

EDIT 2: Now it is responding Smile Completed both steps 1 and 2...

EDIT 3: 150x150 EPIC solution found! After 24 minutes processing... Nice program man, I'd love to see the source too.
Yeah, the problem is actually really windows' Toungue Windows doesnt seem to like allocating masses of heap space to a single program. Usually you just get a stack overflow and it crashes Toungue

I'll upload the source (which is a bit messy Toungue I can comment it if anyone needs me too). It's in vb.NET too (*awaits criticism*).

@Nathan: I've comiled it in .NET 3.5 for you. It seems the .NET 4 version performs MUCH better on my PC Toungue
Guess I was lucky then Wink I got one error when I closed the program and that's it haha. I don't mind VB.NET - I had to live with it for two years >.>
(2011-12-02, 05:04 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]@Nathan: I've comiled it in .NET 3.5 for you. It seems the .NET 4 version performs MUCH better on my PC Toungue

Cheers. I must say, this is pretty impressive for VB. Toungue
Why thank you Toungue
The newest version is best IMO because it shades the area where the solver has "visited" Smile
Maybe add support for other formats (gif, png, jpg, etc)?
Edit: I got my local copy to support PNG. It was easy enough. Gif threw an error (can't remember exactly what it was. Something about SetPixel i believe) and when it was scanning the JPEG it completely broke the image. PNG worked fine though, I just had to make it display PNG files in the comboBox
Pages: 1 2