MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plz Help Needed... Can I Convert my vBulletin 3.8 database to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear Support, I am very new in MYBB, and I am simply amazed by this amazing Free Forum!

Well I have big vBulletin forum, which now starts giving me trouble, my license is also running out, and I have uptill 600 Users, and over 1000 Topics or Threads! Now I already startet to use a Free host to
test MYBB, and the question is:

Can I convert my vBulletin 3.8 database to Mybb?

I am stuck here, IF YES, then I think MYBB have done an amazing job for me and our website users! And if there is any Software for this or other trick to use, I trully wanna know and need help for this!

Thank you so much in advance!

By Miklo
Just use the MyBB merge system and you'll be fine Smile The merge systems works perfectly well with vB 3.8, though 4.x isn't officially supported (even though I've managed conversions successfully in the past).
(2011-12-02, 04:44 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system Smile

you guys are amazing, thank you so much,,

1 more question, what about my Pictures attached, and the other stuff, should I just make a new folder like
the ones i have in my vbulletin?

I cant wait to let you all know, Thank u so so so much!
I am kinda stuck, I am running the process, but what is loginconvert.php and how do I modify that for vBulletin, Please let me know, waitting for your reply! thanks
^ loginconvert.php takes care of your members passwords ; you do not have to do anything

attachments should also be transferred to myBB ; however may not work perfectly ...
please see Attachment Issues

(2011-12-03, 04:33 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ loginconvert.php takes care of your members paswords ; you do not have to do anything

attachments should also be transferred to myBB ; however may not work perfectly ...
please see Attachment Issues

Rani you have helped me a lot, thank you, I just converted some part, but some not done, I am waitting to hear from the link you gave me, you are very cool all of you, thanks for the BEST support ever!

Thanks to Alan and euantor

Rani
and Ofcrouse you have helped me a lot, thank you, I just converted some part, but some not done, I am waitting to hear from the link you gave me, you are very cool all of you, thanks for the BEST support ever!

Thanks a lot, I am waitting for further instructions!
Moved to merge support.
Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
Dear Dylan, Everything seems, fine! Just the passwords are 0, all names are converted or added!
But when I go to my mysql to check in database, the Password fields are empty! I was waitting for more help, but it seems that you are a busy man, still hope that you can fix the thing or let me know!

And about the http://community.mybb.com/thread-87205.html UTF CONVERSATION problems, where can I find the file to fix, where is it located, but I dont think that this is the reason why my passwords are not imported!

Thanks to Ranjani and Alan, and everyone else who have helped me with this, still need the last part which is the Passwords are not importet!
For the passwords, you must make sure the loginconvert.php plugin is in place and activated in the ACP I believe, though I don't believe the password fields should be empty...
Pages: 1 2 3