MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin uploader and mybb 1.65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
after applying the 1.6.5 update, I have had some problems getting the plugin to work again. Has anyone succeeded or is it just something I have done wrong.

I prepared a zip file for placing in the root directory and unpacked from there.

Upon re-installation the old password was not recognised, so I need to apply the SQL query that resets it. But from there it fails with the message that the password is not recognised.

Any ideas, or do I just have to wait for a new version of plugin uploader to be developed?
(2011-12-02, 08:21 PM)gs-1 Wrote: [ -> ]after applying the 2.1.6 update, I have had some problems getting the plugin to work again. Has anyone succeeded or is it just something I have done wrong.

I prepared a zip file for placing in the root directory and unpacked from there.

Upon re-installation the old password was not recognised, so I need to apply the SQL query that resets it. But from there it fails with the message that the password is not recognised.

Any ideas, or do I just have to wait for a new version of plugin uploader to be developed?

There is no 2.1.6 update to MyBB. What planet are you on?
Uninstall and reinstall the plugin. If you're running the latest version of the plugin the password will work fine if you enter the right one.
Sorry about sowing confusion and bringing the money markets down. Undecided

Version 1.6.5 is what I upgraded to.

I just installed mybb for the first time a week ago. And it suits my needs much more than PHPBB3.

I will get going with a re-installation.

Geoff
Hi Matt,

I have installed the latest version of the plugin, now.

I now get an Upload Plugin tab showing.

I have applied the following SQL command in MyPHP

UPDATE `mybb_pluginuploader` SET `files` = '0e2eced896c9c8ba9bb0bdc678f19c53', `version` = '6iEMPlPpFv' WHERE `name` = '_password'; 

I still can not get either "test" or my own new password accepted when it comes to uploading new plugins, but my password is accepted when I uninstall the plugin.

Have I got a database table mangled in some way. There is however no other evidence of such mangling.

Obviously, I was new to MyBB when I updated to 1.6.5 and it seems possible that I made some error or another.

Geoff

Can you PM me forum admin and phpMyAdmin login details?? The code and query for when using the password to upload a plugin and to uninstall this plugin is the same, I can't see how it would work for one and not the other, it's the same code. There's only been about 4-5 people say they have this problem and I don't know why that number would have the issue when so many others, including me, have no problems at all. It can't work for some and not others. I very much doubt it's anything you've done but I just can't see why it wouldn't work, especially if it works when uninstalling.
OK, I used the Plugin Uploader password you PM'd me and I was able to upload a plugin (Return to top postbit button). I also changed the password to something else, and could upload, and change it back to what it was, and could upload. Did you do anything at any point that may have got it to work?? As it all seems OK to me.

Also, apologies if I kept logging somebody out of the ACP, I kept being logged out when I was in there which means somebody else was trying to use the same account and would have been logged out every time I logged in, so sorry about that.
Ahh right, yes I did experience the forced log out issue, myself.

Now I feel embarrassed. You see I still cannot get a password acceptance for upload.

I can however get the password accepted for un installing.

This is what I reported and yet you were not able to replicate this on my installation.

There seems to be no explanation for this that I can think of. There can, after all, be no conceivable differences in the operations you performed and the one's I performed.

I checked my keyboard, too.

So what do you reckon, Matt?
I really don't know what it could be; are you copying and pasting the password in or typing it?? To be honest it can only be something to do with your browser/computer as if it worked for me the password is correct and the code is fine. Do you have any browser extensions enabled?? Or tried another browser??
Ah hah! I'll try it out on my laptop.
Hello Matt,

I think we have some interesting diagnostics.

On my laptop it worked on an unmodified Firefox running on JoliCloud (based on an earlier Ubuntu).

It failed my Google Chrome on my desktop running the Ubuntu 11.04. It also fails on my firefox browser in Ubuntu 11.04.

I have been reluctant to update to 11.10 oneiric ocelot; but I have been installing kernel updates.

So it would seem to be an operating system issue which is by no means happening to all Linux distros.

But as for what that might be, is another matter. It might also be to do with the changing browser installations for the different versions of Ubuntu.

But, what an apparent surprise?

Geoff

You know it could even be the Avant Window Navigator that I have installed on my desktop.

A nice piece of eye candy but I am sure it's very capable of clashing!

Geoff
I have disabled Avant Window Navigator. But the issue is still present.
Pages: 1 2