MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Being ddosed??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive been working on my site it was all working fine then sudenly the server went down, its weird how a server can go down in 1 minute could this be a dos/ddos attack? And how can i tell, I have tried pinging the server and isitdown.com And it apares to be ofline
What were you doing on it? Its not we that could tell you but your host, and if you did any other changes, it may have been due to it.
I was only editing a couple of forums to inprove the forums, The server speed was also doing fine including to Mybb Server Load Log, someone offered for me to upload the forums to their vps didnt have any issues till now.
Any specific error messages?
Safari Canot Open The Page Becuase the Server Stopped Responding.

Getting Diffeent Error Now: Server Cannot Be Found, the host might be on it now ( mustive turned the server of for now)
Hmm, might not be an attack, in my experience an attack just stalls up the server.

It'll constantly try to load it, but won't.

That, or you'd get an error that you've exceeded a resource limit if you're on a shared hosting.

It might've just crashed, possibly a hardware or network issue.

Just wait and see what the host can find out for you.
So in a Ddos what error message do you get?

And the Providers have resolve the issue, its back online Smile
During a DDoS you will just get a "server unreachable" or "connection to server timed out" due to the server not replying fast enough under high load.
So what does it mean when it stops reslonding?
That may also be a DoS Smile it just depends how your browser displays it. If it stops responding that indicates the browser connected, then didn't receive any content. This may be because the server has received a massive number of connections that bottlenecked it's Internet connection.
Pages: 1 2