MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cant register using a GMail for there email. [SQL Error]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Having a little issue and would respect any help you have.

When a user clicks "register" then fills the form out using a GMail for there email, then they finish the form and this errors shows to them:

[Image: JJ4Nn.png]

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
Quote:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''%@gmail.com' at line 1
Query:
SELECT email FROM mybb_users WHERE email LIKE '%@gmail.com
have you added any antispam modules that could be trying to block GMAIL?
Have you or your user by chance adding space before @gmail.com? like example @gmail.com , or if his email is like example%@gmail.com ?
i tried to use my gmail account (no spaces or chars) not installed any plugins no.. its lost me, i cant find anything on google about this error.. hoping some one got mad skills who can help hehe..
^ give your forum URL ..
is % not like a wildcard?
Doesn't look like a MyBB query, deactivate plugins one-by-one until the error stops.
it looks to me like a query looking specifically for any GMAIL email addresses that are registered i have no idea why someone would want that unless they are retrospectively looking to remove those e-mails?

does the same happen if they use a googlemail.com address?

a Forum URL would be nice.
Googlemail.com works fine, it seems to just be issue with gmail.com address's..
Im thinking about banning the address, but thats not going to help alot..

Update, i just disabled all plugins then tried to register using gmail.com - boom! still no luck ?

Any help would be respected, its not much but i will offer a free VIP account on my forum (normally $17) to who ever can fix help this issue without ma having to ban gmails.com from sign up..
^ first you have to provide forum URL ;
later if admin account & ftp access required then you have to provide them temporarily thru PM
AND as you have mentioned VIP membership is 17$ we doubt if you have a legit site for support ...
Pages: 1 2 3