MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: should i install mybb 1.6.5 or is it still too buggy??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey ^_^

so i'm a total n00b to get that out of the way, and on to my q:

i noticed that there are a lot of bugs in mybb 1.6.5 here: dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues - should i wait for an update to resolve thse issues, or should i install this version??
u must keep updated as there r many bugs fixed in latest version
1.6.5 isn't a code rewrite, it's a bug fix update so I don't know why people spread this rumour that "1.6.5" is buggy...

It can only be more stable the the older versions...
I recommend, you may install this 1.6.5 and when the 1.6.6 came out, upgrade your 1.6.5 forum on time.
Plenty of security and bug fixes, worth the upgrade. It's not unstable either.
(2011-12-15, 11:00 AM)antiother Wrote: [ -> ]i noticed that there are a lot of bugs in mybb 1.6.5 here: dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues

6 months ago, the amount of bugs on the tracker was twice that number. We've fixed almost 250 issues between 1.6.4, 1.6.5 and 1.6.6.

There are one or two 'major' functionality problems, but nothing that should stop you from using the software. It's easy to upgrade and 1.6.6 should be along in the next few weeks.
that true but most plugins not coded for 1.6.5 and 1.6.6 not come to soon,i still wait to all my plugin rewrite to 1.6.5
I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I seem to have noticed a speed increase going from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5
Quote:There are one or two 'major' functionality problems, but nothing that should stop you from using the software. It's easy to upgrade and 1.6.6 should be along in the next few weeks.

thank you so much ^_^ thank you all for you help and your answers!! i'll go with 1.6.5 for now and then when 1.6.6 comes out i'll just upgrade.

will i have any problems with my bridged coppermine 1.5.16 gallery when i upgrade mybb to 1.6.6??
There will never not be any bugs. Large software will always have bugs. Most of them you won't notice though.

As for a coppermine bridge, some people have done it, there are some tutorials around here somewhere about how to do it.
Pages: 1 2