MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: internal SQL error 1146
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hate to frustrate anyone, but I am really clueless about website issues. Please bear with me…

I am getting this message when I try to visit my MyBB message board:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_mybbforum.mybb_users' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_users WHERE uid='4'

I looked at the MyBB wiki of common problems, and I found this solution:

Database: MySQL
SQL Error: 1146 - Table 'forum_mybb14x.test_datacache' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT title,cache FROM test_datacache
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database table prefix is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['table_prefix']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

But I don’t really understand what it means. I visited the inc/config but there is nothing there- just a blank white page. I see the same thing when I go to the message board.

Has my forum somehow been deleted from the server? I am really worried about this. We have over 10,000 posts on that forum!

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
You need to edit inc/config.php via cPanel or FTP. You can't see it via a browser.
it cannot be completely gone or i doubt you would not get that error as there would be nothing to query the databases.

your database is quite clearly there and the login details are correct but it may be worth using PHPMYADMIN to have a look and see if the Database has been corrupted. do you have a Database Backup?
a forum URL would also help
That error on the common error page is specifically for the datacache table. If you're getting this error it sounds like somehow your users table has just gone. Also your config.php file can't be empty because if it was it would be showing a different error; it wouldn't be able to get to query the users table if there was no config information as it wouldn't know what database it's meant to be using.
thats why i love the Database backup utility on the MYBB board awesome addition
Hi all, I am the one that messed up the boards Jackal is referring to. I'm not really sure how it all happened. I made database backups through the admin page. I then installed version 1.6.5. The reason for the full install was the version was 1.6.2 or 3 I cannot remember. Now I am unable to restore the backups. I've now tried the merge program, and when I go to run the 2nd module called "usergroups" I get a blank page. I'm really at a loss here, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
^ do you have full backups of earlier board (database & files) ?
Yes I do. I have several.
then may be its better to re-upload recent set of files backup & use related database AND later upgrade ..

( I've not read all posts on this thread )
(2011-12-24, 08:14 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]then may be its better to re-upload recent set of files backup & use related database AND later upgrade ..

( I've not read all posts on this thread )

I will give it a try, thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 2