MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Custom Hacker Themeq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-12-18, 08:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-18, 08:32 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Why not you yourself think something original? If you start a community, and people see it, the first word would be a RIP of HF or UB's theme and that is where your reputation falls, create something unique, there are a lot of talented designers here who can create a lot more better themes than one I created for UB.

Funny coming from a guy who conceptually borrowed everything from HF. If you believed in creating something unique you would have done so yourself.

this
(2011-12-18, 09:38 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-18, 08:32 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Why not you yourself think something original? If you start a community, and people see it, the first word would be a RIP of HF or UB's theme and that is where your reputation falls, create something unique, there are a lot of talented designers here who can create a lot more better themes than one I created for UB.

Funny coming from a guy who conceptually borrowed everything from HF. If you believed in creating something unique you would have done so yourself.

this

yeah. Every one of the tabs UB has, hackforums has. They're just in a different order. Same name and everything. Plus 90% of the boards are identical, or near identical. But at least HF doesn't have annoying advertisements that follow your screen and cover things.
And the awards. And the help docs. And the Header links. Just about every element of HF has been used. Even down to their forum domain name. It's a freaking joke imho and I'm quite frankly offended that he thinks it's acceptable. While legally he's not using anything I can claim copyright for he's certainly being very rude with his obvious clone.

Losers will always be losers.
Understand the frustration labrocca. Having it NOT happen to me, I can still understand out annoying and frustrating it would be.

It's just like anything, when someone copies you or creates an exact clone of something you have you get pissed off. You make it unique for a point, to be unique and to be recognized for something nobody else has done.

Hope you get it sorted.

I always noticed this but never said anything, be unique people!

Now this thread is getting amusing.
It doesn't bother me all that much. But to read the hypocrisy of him telling someone to be unique is annoying.
Posting in epic thread.
(2011-12-18, 11:58 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]And the awards. And the help docs. And the Header links. Just about every element of HF has been used. Even down to their forum domain name. It's a freaking joke imho and I'm quite frankly offended that he thinks it's acceptable. While legally he's not using anything I can claim copyright for he's certainly being very rude with his obvious clone.

Losers will always be losers.
At least I didn't copied or ripped off the theme or any description, I tried to make it unique in every way I could and am still trying.

I've lots more section that are different than HF, for example, the cracking category, the premium accounts, and many other sections and plugins that I coded for it as well, also not to mention the premium link generator for file-hosting sites that I coded in PHP (generator.php), so am trying my best to be unique out there from other competitive sites. And no help docs are not copied or even not the disclaimer or anything, you may check it and if you find any word or sentence exactly copied, I'd public apology here.

If the site wasn't unique, I believe it'd have been drowned by now. People won't come to use or be over my forum when theres already something big like HF. And that is why I try to make things different over it and still trying my best to make things that are presented over UB in a different manner so things could be differentiated very well.

If I were to copy HF, I'd have ripped just everything whereas I didn't. You may tell anything you want as I give respect because HF was the first, and I agree the sections that you created were unique and the pattern was unique as well, so about that I won't say anything.

Yes, everybody takes inspiration, and here, my point of source of inspiration was you and always will be, I never thought of ripping any site, neither yours or nor anyone's.
You can take any theme that are like HF or UB from the MyBB DB. There are way to many of them.
labrocca is my biggest inspiration, and I didn't copy anything from him.
Pages: 1 2 3