MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Releasing themes without submitting to mod site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well that may be true in some cases but it doesn't change the original point.
(2011-12-19, 05:57 AM)karoshio Wrote: [ -> ]Well that may be true in some cases but it doesn't change the original point.
You could add a link to your site or alternative download link.

(2011-12-19, 06:09 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-19, 05:57 AM)karoshio Wrote: [ -> ]Well that may be true in some cases but it doesn't change the original point.
You could add a link to your site or alternative download link.

Yeah, that's a good point you make. I will think on it.
Best way is to release things in mods site, and say you will provide support in your site only.

In that way you can get members. When i used to own Script Installs, i got about 5-10 members who need support for the theme.
Alright, thanks for the tip Kavin.
(2011-12-19, 06:32 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Best way is to release things in mods site, and say you will provide support in your site only
This can be applied for plugins, also ?
Huh

(2011-12-19, 06:10 PM)MyBB Tuneup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-19, 06:32 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Best way is to release things in mods site, and say you will provide support in your site only
Huh
I believe yes. Pirata does so.
(2011-12-19, 06:20 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-19, 06:10 PM)MyBB Tuneup Wrote: [ -> ]
Huh
I believe yes. Pirata does so.
It's good to know. Thank's.

Just put them on here and your site as well?? If you plan to check here anyway then I'm not sure what the problem is.
The main problem is if your site goes down, people complain here that the links aren't working, and complain at the MyBB staff. It is better to upload them to our mods site to enable people to reach them regardless of the status of your site.
Pages: 1 2 3