MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pull data from MyBB Forums into a separate webpage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

My questions may be a bit vast but I need some serious help. I have just made a community site of mine. I wish to use a page as a portal where I can post announcements and general stuff, unrelated to functionality of MyBB.

I was thinking of using Wordpress as the CMS for the portal, but then decided that it would be overkill. Then I decided to use the forum as the CMS, pulling content/posts from it. I have worked with the SSI.php function of IPB and SMF and was expecting something similar with MYBB. But there doesn't seem to be any official like that.

My "portal" will sit on http://mydomain/index.php. Forums sit on http://mydomain/forums/
These are the list of things that I want to do.
  1. Show statistics like total no. of community members
  2. Use the calendar of MyBB
  3. Display posts/announcements from a Thread named "Announcement"
  4. Show 5 latest posts

I also want to edit the style of the received data. Any help will be appreciated.
have you seen how default portal looks .. here is a sample : community.mybb.com/portal.php

AND a stats page appears like this : community.mybb.com/stats.php

see also proportal ; related thread

Yes. I have seen how the default portal looks. But it is not what I need. I need more freedom on customization and integrating other apps, which is a lot of work if I plan to do it all in the default portal. I just need the forum to work as a cms to post updates and events.

I was trying to pull (rip) the codes from the portal.php but I am unable to finetune it. Hence, more expert advice is required Big Grin
If you know some PHP it's actually easier than you think. Just rename index.php to something like forum.php then create a custom MyBB page index.php, include the global.php and you're ready to begin. You can then take full advantage of MyBB and create whatever page you want using the MyBB system.
That seems a lot of wok labrocca. Also, I am not that fluent with php. Any readymade codes?
^ why not try proportal ...
Isn't pro portal outdated? The development seems to have stopped.
^ do not know if it is outdated ..
I do not use any portal ; anyway I tested installing proportal on myBB 1.6.5 - it is working ..