MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit cookie settings in phpmyadmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hiya how do you change the cookie path and cookie domain in phpmyadmin?

Cheers,

~ David
First change them in ./inc/settings.php, then change them from your admin cp.
NATHAN MALCOLM
I change them in .inc/settings.php
www.dtgisgreat.byethost6.com
you can check
but when i go to change in ACP it still can't allow me to login ..
when i login and go in configuration it say login again i login again then when i click on GENERAL CONFIGURATION then it again says me to login again i do then when i go to type
in cookie path "/myforum/"
it again says me to login and thus it is saying this again and again now what should i do Sad
I change them in .inc/settings.php
http://www.dtgisgreat.byethost6.com
you can check
but when i go to change in ACP it still can't allow me to login ..
when i login and go in configuration it say login again i login again then when i click on GENERAL CONFIGURATION then it again says me to login again i do then when i go to type
in cookie path "/myforum/"
it again says me to login and thus it is saying this again and again now what should i do plx help me NATHAN not replying
(2011-12-23, 01:42 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]hiya how do you change the cookie path and cookie domain in phpmyadmin?

Cheers,

~ David
1. delete browser cookies.
2. Through FTP, set proper values related to cookies within inc/settings.php file.
values are :
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".dtgisgreat.byethost6.com"; 
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix']= "";
3. login to ACP and make sure cookie settings are set properly then save.

Make sure to perform step 1 (delete browser cookies) else you will have trouble login or logoff even after changes.
i clear my cookies then open FILE ZILLA connect to my account then i edit settings.php and set my values then save it and it changes their position well then i try again but the problem still their then i delete settings.php it regenerates and setting that i saved they were showing then i try again bt prob still their

(2013-01-11, 09:46 AM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]1. delete browser cookies.
2. Through FTP, set proper values related to cookies within inc/settings.php file.
values are :
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".dtgisgreat.byethost6.com"; 
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix']= "";
3. login to ACP and make sure cookie settings are set properly then save.

Make sure to perform step 1 (delete browser cookies) else you will have trouble login or logoff even after changes.
Nathan, sometimes MyBB likes to nuke edits to settings.php, which makes deleting it and editing the settings table more reliable when done correctly.

go into MyBB_settings in the database and change the matching values from there.
(2013-01-11, 12:43 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Nathan, sometimes MyBB likes to nuke edits to settings.php, which makes deleting it and editing the settings table more reliable when done correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean, settings.php is just a cache of those in the database. Apart from updating the settings in the ACP (and when settings.php doesn't exist) MyBB uses settings.php as read-only. Either way can be used but editing settings.php is the preferred method as a lot of administrators don't want to mess around with the database.
@Master M1nd
Well, if you insist to edit it in sql tables, ofcourse you can do.
Simply login to phpmyadmin, chose your database,
then look at left side for mybb_settings table, click it
then scroll down to find fields you want to edit
(they have names about cookies as you would expect)
and edit them to what you want.

But personaly i would agree with Nathan Malcolm post above that editing settings.php and deleting browser cookies should be more appropriate.
When I moved ZEJ from my home server to Bihira and edited the settings file, upon logging in to the backend it'd continuously log me out even though I'd cleared my cookies. I peeked at the file and found it had reset itself somehow.
Pages: 1 2